new stroker on the road. popping bad

For all non stroker / performance related problems and discussion.
H.M.X
Where's the "any" key?
Where's the "any" key?
Stroker Displacement: 4.6L

Re: new stroker on the road. popping bad

Post by H.M.X »

Little update. Got a fuel pressure gauge on it tonight. Reads 28 pounds with the fpr vacuum line connected, 36 disconnected. Tried pinching the return line, as suggested in the manual, and no change. Doesn't hold pressure at all once the engine's shut off. I'd gather the low fuel pressure is from some sort of blockage, and considering the fuel pump, sock and filter are all brand new (before the gas that sat over the winter), I'm going to guess that the bad gas is somehow causing the blockage? Guess I gotta hit up my local Wal-Mart, see if they carry the Starbrite.

May be able to get a longer fuel pressure gauge on it this weekend so we can see what happens to the fuel pressure when the bucking and popping happens.

thanks,
dan
H.M.X
Where's the "any" key?
Where's the "any" key?
Stroker Displacement: 4.6L

Re: new stroker on the road. popping bad

Post by H.M.X »

Got it figured out. I readjusted the crank position sensor, even though I was sure I already had it installed correctly. I then re-indexed the distributor for the eleventy billionth time, and it all seems to work. No stumbling, and it'll rev up as high as I'm willing to take it without popping. Woohoo!

dan