which clutch?

Newbies, and basic Stroker Recipes... Get started with your first stroker here!!
bikedude189
I think I'll order a "tab"
I think I'll order a "tab"

which clutch?

Post by bikedude189 »

for my stroker, what clutch do you guys recommend? i JUST replaced mine with a stock luk oem replacement. can i contunue to use it with a new slave or will it slip?
RAPTORFAN85
Donator
Donator
Stroker Displacement: 4.6L
Vehicle Year: 2001
Vehicle Make: Jeep
Vehicle Model: TJ

Re: which clutch?

Post by RAPTORFAN85 »

Luk clutches are great clutches. The stock units hold up fine to a stroker. You may not get the 200,000 miles that some do from the stock one but it should hold up fine. If you are looking for an upgrade get the Luk gold series. http://www.lukclutch.com/products/progold.phtml
Holds 30% stronger then the original. I won't use nor do I recommend centerforce clutches for jeeps if you do any off-roading. They have weights in them that apply more force as you raise the engine RPM, they can get clogged up with mud a debris and ruin your day in a hurry...
"Strrrrroke me, stoke me...."

Billy Squire
Mgardiner1
Donator
Donator
Stroker Displacement: 284 CI

Post by Mgardiner1 »

Not as long as you have the correct bellhousing plate. I had my wrangler burried over the axle's (needed a payloader to rescue me) and had/have no problems with my CF 2 clutch. The only downside of the CF clutch is the rattle of the flywheights
oletshot wrote:....and silvolites are only cast not hypericantspellits. :-)
aaronkeiser
Making Progress
Making Progress
Stroker Displacement: 4.6
Vehicle Year: 1991
Vehicle Model: Wrangler

Post by aaronkeiser »

...also CF clutches are expensive...I just put a OEM Luk clutch/pressure plate behind my stroker and its doing great. Mind you it isn't the factory 5 speed (It's a NP435) but the principal is the same...They slip a little during breakin but then grab nicely after breakin...atleast good enough for me.
seanyb505
Donator
Donator
Stroker Displacement: 280ci
Vehicle Year: 1997
Vehicle Model: Cherokee

Post by seanyb505 »

My CF DF II is a little overkill for my 4.6 I think, but I plan on going forced induction later so I thought I might as well.
Now I can be like all those other awesome people with more than one Jeep in their sig, but now I have to say one of them is sold:(
97 XJ 4.6
90 MJ 4.0 - sold

I want to have as many Jeeps as children. DD, offroader, drag MJ and another one. 4=4
4wdparakeet
Where's the "any" key?
Where's the "any" key?

Post by 4wdparakeet »

I just found a local clutch shop today that would rebuild the clutch and pressure plate per vehicle and intended uses. The quote the guy gave me today was 260 after tax to rebuild the clutch, pressure plate, and resurface the flywheel. That's cheaper than the CF by a ton and not much more than a luk kit. Get the yellow pages and find a couple clutch shops and see what they say.

Parakeet
Mgardiner1
Donator
Donator
Stroker Displacement: 284 CI

Post by Mgardiner1 »

tons cheaper? Quadratec has new CF 2 clutches for $60 more then that..... http://www.quadratec.com/products/52002_311.htm
oletshot wrote:....and silvolites are only cast not hypericantspellits. :-)