Timing/vacuum lines

Newbies, and basic Stroker Recipes... Get started with your first stroker here!!
aaronkeiser
Making Progress
Making Progress
Stroker Displacement: 4.6
Vehicle Year: 1991
Vehicle Make: Jeep
Vehicle Model: Wrangler

Timing/vacuum lines

Post by aaronkeiser »

I just fired up my stroker 2 days ago and broke in the cam. Everything went smoothly but I had a quick question. When I did this stroker I put in a np435 transmission using the CJ belhousing, so I had to adapt the CPS to the belhousing. My question is what should the timing be on a 4.0 inline six? I ask because I'm not sure we got the sensor in there dead on balls accurate. If anyone cares the throttle response from the bored TB/spacer/and 99 intake is awesome! :D Also does anyone have have a diagram for all the vacuum lines for the motor. I feel like i have most of them right but possibly one might be wrong. Id show pictures but for some reason I cant paste into these text boxes.
aaronkeiser
Making Progress
Making Progress

Re: Timing/vacuum lines

Post by aaronkeiser »

I've googled the jeep 4.0 timing but all everyone says is it's nonadjustable which I know BUT I have an adjustable CPS. How do I know if I got the senser in right. It runs but I'd like to check it with a timing light and get the timing right on...Anybody?
John
I love JeepStrokers.com!!

Post by John »

You should see around 14 * warmed and at idle.
John
aaronkeiser
Making Progress
Making Progress

Post by aaronkeiser »

I stuck a timing light to it today and it was around 12 or so...does that sound about right? I've been driving this motor around for awhile and im about to start the "tuning" part. I have an adjustable MAP that I still must put in. Hopefully this is all I need to pass the CA smog test and have a powerful engine.
John

Post by John »

That would be close, slotting the holes in the cps will allow 2-3* adjustment, if you need it.
John