mating new to old.

Newbies, and basic Stroker Recipes... Get started with your first stroker here!!
4wdparakeet
Where's the "any" key?
Where's the "any" key?

mating new to old.

Post by 4wdparakeet »

In my research I think I understand that the best flowing head and intake is off of a 91-95 4.0. I found a 94 motor w/185k for 125 bucks. I think I'm going to take a look at it and maybe buy it to have from the head up. So if I do this upgrade I'm assuming that I have to get a upper end gasket kit for that year. But would I get the headgasket for the 94 or the 89 block that I'm running. I also know I have to get the hesco adaptor that's about 125.

Oh yeah and what clutch do you guys recommend?

Parakeet
gradon
Donator
Donator
Stroker Displacement: 4.6/280ci
Vehicle Year: 1996
Vehicle Make: Jeep
Vehicle Model: Cherokee

Re: mating new to old.

Post by gradon »

I have and love the Centerforce DF-2 clutch. We were just talking about that TPS adapter on NAXJA--check the thread out as there is a way to adapt it w/o spending that $125. I ported and polished a 94 head for my build--breathes great.
Mgardiner1
Donator
Donator
Stroker Displacement: 284 CI

Post by Mgardiner1 »

I have the Centerforce stage 2 also. Great hold power, smooth clutch pedal, but the damn little flywheights are NOISEY as hell....
oletshot wrote:....and silvolites are only cast not hypericantspellits. :-)
Heck
Donator
Donator
Stroker Displacement: 4.6

Post by Heck »

Here (http://www.rubiconownersforum.com/phpbb ... ce#p670490) is a post over on Rubicon Owner's Forum about clutches. DoctorD is sort of a guru of all things Jeep mechanical.
Not bashing the Centerforce, but is has some drawbacks.
I NEED MORE TORQUE!

'03 Rubicon w/4.6: kb944 pistons, late 70's 4 weight crank, Mopar P4529228ab cam, 240 dur./.430 lift, barely polished head. First fire 11/14/08, no mechanical issues so far.
4wdparakeet
Where's the "any" key?
Where's the "any" key?

Post by 4wdparakeet »

I really flat out can't afford a CF clutch. I was looking at the LUK but I have to have the aisin manual trans to get that.

I'm really curious about the gaskets. 89 block to a 94 head... do I use a 89 Headgasket or the 94 Headgasket.

Also do I use fuel injector o-rings for the mustang injectors or the stock injector o-rings.

Getting to the details now so I can start ordering parts.

Parakeet
Mgardiner1
Donator
Donator
Stroker Displacement: 284 CI

Post by Mgardiner1 »

invest the extra money in a quality clutch, it will pay you back when it lasts far longer then a piece of doo-doo clutch. I bought a cheap-o ($120~) clutch set up BEFORE i put my stroker in, and was slipping it with a tired RENIX motor in front of it.
oletshot wrote:....and silvolites are only cast not hypericantspellits. :-)