Hesco Ignition Enhancement HES8790IE

For all non stroker / performance related problems and discussion.
Muad'Dib
Site Admin / Owner
Site Admin / Owner
Stroker Displacement: 4.7L
Vehicle Year: 1990
Vehicle Make: Jeep
Vehicle Model: Cherokee

Hesco Ignition Enhancement HES8790IE

Post by Muad'Dib »

http://hesco.us/shop.asp?action=details ... catId=7541

http://www.hesco.us/forum/forum_posts.a ... 23&TID=215

Does anyone have more information on this? The HESCO site and forum is vauge on what this is exactly. It sounds as if they reprogram some of the main sensors... and you bolt them on. Seems kinda strange.

It would really suck if a sensor went out.. what you gotta spend another $200 to buy the whole kit again :?
If it feels right, then STROKE it!
You're lucky that hundred shot of CAPS LOCK didn't blow the welds on the forum!!
Mgardiner1
Donator
Donator
Stroker Displacement: 284 CI

Re: Hesco Ignition Enhancement HES8790IE

Post by Mgardiner1 »

there were people selling kits on ebay for RENIX injected models (year models this kit claims to be for) and the kits were just simply resisters that you plugged inline with certian sensors to "trick" the computer.

NOT sure if this is the same thing or more sophisticated
oletshot wrote:....and silvolites are only cast not hypericantspellits. :-)
Jeep4xb4u
Donator
Donator
Stroker Displacement: 4.6L
Vehicle Year: 1988
Vehicle Make: XJ 2dr
Vehicle Model: Sport

Post by Jeep4xb4u »

I purchased that kit from Hesco about 2 years ago and have had zero issues with it. At one point i was having an ignition problem about 8 months ago and thought the CPS was to blame and gave Hesco a call to see if i could purchase just that sensor. They responded with a respectable offer, if it broke that soon we'll replace it. Low and behold it was my ignition module that went out. So i would have to believe they would be kind enough to sell you just a single sensor if one failed in the future.

Little low down on the goods that came in my kit. Comes with a CPS with the magnetic pickup shifted forward thus advancing your ignition timing 3 deg.(according to Hesco), a new water temperature sensor, manifold air temperature sensor, and EGR block off plug. As Mgardiner1 stated, the temp sensors do have resistors inline with them to trick and make your computer think that your intake charge and your over all engine temperature is cooler then it really is causing it to run richer then usual. Like i said, i for one purchased this and am currently running all components on my 88' w/ 250k miles. Because of the tired engine i did notice a increase of over all power mainly in the top end were i know the engine has tendencies to lean out, but it also runs richer then i would like @ idle and i believe has had an effect on my throttle response. But keep in mind this is on an engine thats probably burning more oil than fuel and is in desperate need of the stroker that awaits it. I've considered removing all these components when the stroker is install but haven't decided yet.

I should probe those resisters hu? :hrhr:
88' XJ 2dr
4.0l / AW4 / NP231 / D35c
6.5" Long Arm Lift - 33x12.5's - 15x8 Mickey's

Currently working on 4.6l / D44 Swap
Muad'Dib
Site Admin / Owner
Site Admin / Owner
Stroker Displacement: 4.7L
Vehicle Year: 1990
Vehicle Make: Jeep
Vehicle Model: Cherokee

Post by Muad'Dib »

Thanks for the detailed infomation .. doesnt sound as if its a worthwhile kit.
If it feels right, then STROKE it!
You're lucky that hundred shot of CAPS LOCK didn't blow the welds on the forum!!
Jeep4xb4u
Donator
Donator
Stroker Displacement: 4.6L
Vehicle Year: 1988
Vehicle Make: XJ 2dr
Vehicle Model: Sport

Post by Jeep4xb4u »

You're welcome. I suppose its worth while if youre in the market for all new sensors. :huh: I would probrably save my money, kick my passenger out and remove my back seat for the same amount of performance. Nothing against Hesco, i actually gave them a fair share of money for some of my stroker parts and they do offer quality products.
88' XJ 2dr
4.0l / AW4 / NP231 / D35c
6.5" Long Arm Lift - 33x12.5's - 15x8 Mickey's

Currently working on 4.6l / D44 Swap