Possible 4.8L Build

Newbies, and basic Stroker Recipes... Get started with your first stroker here!!
IH 392
I love JeepStrokers.com!!
I love JeepStrokers.com!!

Re: Possible 4.8L Build

Post by IH 392 »

I'm not aware of anyone here in Eugene/Springfield that has one either, it's simply something that's not common anymore (if it ever was), if you want a big bore engine you get an aftermarket block.
You can get more power out of ANY engine!!!
ASE Master certified engine machinist, gas and diesel
SilverXJ
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Stroker Displacement: 4.6L
Vehicle Year: 2000
Vehicle Make: Jeep
Vehicle Model: Cherokee

Post by SilverXJ »

Plechtan wrote:you anywhere near Salem? tru this http://www.salemspeedshop.com/ if they cannot do the work, they can tell you who can.
A magazine I have recently did an article on that shop. Looks like a pretty old school type place.
oletshot
Donator
Donator

Post by oletshot »

If your willing to build a short rod (4.2 connecting rod) 4.8L, then why not a short rod 4.7L? You can get a set of 677p's or 2229's with a custom dish for less than $200, and set CR to whatever you want. Put them on a set of 4.2L rods and have the block decked to zero deck height. It gives everything the 4.8L gives except the .1L, without the sonic testing and saving $100 on the pistons. It may even save a few bucks on the bore job as you are removing half as much material.
Is this for the Renix XJ? If it is, then the money you save on the 4.7L over the 4.8L could be put toward the new rear end, your probably going to need it if you still have the D35.
:deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse:
I'm not clever enough to have a clever signature. I'll just steal yours.
'98 XJ 2-door, '94 YJ.
Muad'Dib
Site Admin / Owner
Site Admin / Owner
Stroker Displacement: 4.7L
Vehicle Year: 1990
Vehicle Make: Jeep
Vehicle Model: Cherokee

Post by Muad'Dib »

I think i have decided to abandon the idea of a 4.8 build.

Now im either going to build a true 4.7L build going .080 over ... or a 4.6L (actually 4.66) going .060.

Im going to get some prices on custom pistions and see how much more they compare with the kb944's

With the 944's being upwards of 600 plus paying you to dish them to about 25cc's than im sure a custom piston might even end up being cheaper than the 944's.
If it feels right, then STROKE it!
You're lucky that hundred shot of CAPS LOCK didn't blow the welds on the forum!!