Suggestions

Check here for most things forum related... NOT stroker related!
Muad'Dib
Site Admin / Owner
Site Admin / Owner
Stroker Displacement: 4.7L
Vehicle Year: 1990
Vehicle Make: Jeep
Vehicle Model: Cherokee

Suggestions

Post by Muad'Dib »

If you have any suggestions for this board PLEASE feel free to post them in this thread. Just about anything is possible with this board!

Im always interested in what you guys have for input! So feel free to post up!
If it feels right, then STROKE it!
You're lucky that hundred shot of CAPS LOCK didn't blow the welds on the forum!!
BLHTAZ
Noob
Noob

Re: Suggestions

Post by BLHTAZ »

FWIW... All of the forums that I frequent, Administrate or Moderate on have "Introduction" forums. I didn't see one here and thought it may be a good idea as I am already seeing "hello" and "new here" posts in different places with only 17 people registered so far.

Another habit that I have developed, and have seen on many boards now, is to put at least your first name (real name) in the sig line.

My .02... ;)
Muad'Dib
Site Admin / Owner
Site Admin / Owner

Post by Muad'Dib »

BLHTAZ wrote:FWIW... All of the forums that I frequent, Administrate or Moderate on have "Introduction" forums. I didn't see one here and thought it may be a good idea as I am already seeing "hello" and "new here" posts in different places with only 17 people registered so far.

Another habit that I have developed, and have seen on many boards now, is to put at least your first name (real name) in the sig line.

My .02... ;)
I agree we need some kind of Indroduction / Rules thread.. unfortunatly im just not nearly creative enough with words to get something together. I would love it if someone would take the initiative to write something up... they would definetly be rewarded.
You're lucky that hundred shot of CAPS LOCK didn't blow the welds on the forum!!
TNT
Where's the "any" key?
Where's the "any" key?

Post by TNT »

Site looks good. It is different having the avatars on the right. I'll get used to it.
TNT
89 MJ ext. cab project

Life's Journey isn't to arrive at the Grave Safely in a Well Preserved Body. But Rather to Blast Full Throttle, Launch Airborne, Land Hard, Slide in Sideways, Totally Worn Out & Thrashed, Screaming Holy $hit What a Ride!
Jeep-Power
Donator
Donator
Stroker Displacement: 4.3
Vehicle Year: 1984
Vehicle Make: AMC/Jeep
Vehicle Model: CJ-7

Post by Jeep-Power »

Chris-
some sort of Cherokee section may be needed-- In the few years I have been on the Strokers list, Cherokee specific stuff comes up somewhat frequently.

Maybe it will be better as a 'off topic Jeep related chat'... or something like that :D
TNT
Where's the "any" key?
Where's the "any" key?

Post by TNT »

I made a forum mission statement for the Storker tech forum that states what I thought belonged there.

If you want to change it or add to it feel free. I thought it was a good starting point.

A sticky post would be nice to explain what that forums goals are.

Here's the link
http://www.jeepstrokers.com/forum/viewt ... p?f=5&t=25
TNT
89 MJ ext. cab project

Life's Journey isn't to arrive at the Grave Safely in a Well Preserved Body. But Rather to Blast Full Throttle, Launch Airborne, Land Hard, Slide in Sideways, Totally Worn Out & Thrashed, Screaming Holy $hit What a Ride!
TNT
Where's the "any" key?
Where's the "any" key?

Post by TNT »

May be a general modifications forum should be made for exhaust, intake, air fiter and other non-stroker specific treads?
TNT
89 MJ ext. cab project

BLHTAZ
Noob
Noob

Post by BLHTAZ »

Muad'Dib wrote:
BLHTAZ wrote:FWIW... All of the forums that I frequent, Administrate or Moderate on have "Introduction" forums. I didn't see one here and thought it may be a good idea as I am already seeing "hello" and "new here" posts in different places with only 17 people registered so far.

My .02... ;)
I agree we need some kind of Indroduction / Rules thread.. unfortunatly im just not nearly creative enough with words to get something together. I would love it if someone would take the initiative to write something up... they would definetly be rewarded.
My suggestion would be...

1) Put the site rules in with the "Forum News" and re-name that forum to "Forum News / Rules" or add a complete new forum right under Forum News for "Forum Rules".
2) In the same "Most Important" catagory just under the "Forum Discussion", put another forum labeled "Introductions" for folks to introduce themselves and their rigs.

As far as helping write up rules...that is going to have to come from those of you that are in charge here and know what you want as rules in general for the site.
Muad'Dib
Site Admin / Owner
Site Admin / Owner

Post by Muad'Dib »

Ok im working on making the rules... Ive got a good place for them (and if you look you should be able to find them right now) it just has some generic filler content that i will replace with our content once we get there.

Do you guys want to have another category for General 4.0 stuff? I originally thought that this board would be dedicated to strokers only, but if you guys would like to expand to cover general Jeeps or 4.0's or both.. then i dont see whats wrong with adding that stuff as long as the primary focus is still on strokers.

We also need to keep in mind that we dont want to get too cluttered. I dont see a problem with adding a forum here and there and then sticking with that, but if we just keep adding and adding it becomes rediculous and then people just get frustated with trying to find what they need or with what forum they need to post in.
Im not saying this is going to happen, i just want to inform you of what i want to avoid to keep this forum active.

Your feedback is welcome!
BLHTAZ
Noob
Noob

Post by BLHTAZ »

A general 4.0L forum could be useful, but I agree...it needs to stay focused on Strokers and could easily get out of hand with too much clutter.

K.I.S.S ... ;) ( Keep It Simple Stupid ) ... something I have tried to live by :D .
TNT
Where's the "any" key?
Where's the "any" key?

Post by TNT »

BLHTAZ wrote:A general 4.0L forum could be useful, but I agree...it needs to stay focused on Strokers and could easily get out of hand with too much clutter.

K.I.S.S ... ;) ( Keep It Simple Stupid ) ... something I have tried to live by :D .

That is why an intake and exhaust(or external engine mods) forum should have strict guidelines to follow or your post will be deleted.

It shouldn't be a 4.0 forum but 4.0 owners could stoll benefit from it.

I'd gladly write something up.
TNT
89 MJ ext. cab project

TNT
Where's the "any" key?
Where's the "any" key?

Post by TNT »

Muad'Dib wrote:Ok im working on making the rules... Ive got a good place for them (and if you look you should be able to find them right now) it just has some generic filler content that i will replace with our content once we get there.

Do you guys want to have another category for General 4.0 stuff? I originally thought that this board would be dedicated to strokers only, but if you guys would like to expand to cover general Jeeps or 4.0's or both.. then i dont see whats wrong with adding that stuff as long as the primary focus is still on strokers.

We also need to keep in mind that we dont want to get too cluttered. I dont see a problem with adding a forum here and there and then sticking with that, but if we just keep adding and adding it becomes rediculous and then people just get frustated with trying to find what they need or with what forum they need to post in.
Im not saying this is going to happen, i just want to inform you of what i want to avoid to keep this forum active.

Your feedback is welcome!

I don't think a general 4.0 forum is needed. Make an external mod board or two, dealing with intakes, throttle bodys, exhausts, cooling system mods and other mods like these. A 4.0 owner can still benefit but it's for stokers.

Possibly a make sub foroms in the Stroker Basic forum for the following items, Stroker intake & exhaust tech and maybe a forum for Stroker cooling tech.

Good moderation is the key to keeping this board clean.

The Pub should be just that, and a forum should be made fo members rides.

The Projects foum could also be split into two sub forums one for rig build-ups and one for engine builds. It will make it easier to find the tech thats needed and follow the builds.
TNT
89 MJ ext. cab project

1bolt
Donator
Donator

Post by 1bolt »

I think personally that we need to keep the forums from sprawling out too much, anyone who wants to see what happens when things start sprawling should go here:

http://www.v8buicks.com

Just try and figure out where you're supposed to post on that board... good luck there's a sub topic for every single possible thing.

I agree with TNT that some organizing of the projects area could be helpful, but I think it can be acomplished by simply asking everyone to put "Project:" or "Engine Build:" in the title, and moderating the odd posts that forget to.

On second thought, in practice the project title will be self explanitory most of the time (project: Fast Comanche is obvious as is "my 4.7L build"

Too many sub topics can make interesting posts hard to find. I can browse and see a title that catches my eye, that's about exhuast systems, even though I'm not interested in exhausts that day. I would never have read it if it was in a sub topic area.
--
Simon
Looking for a 232 crankshaft see my want ad: http://www.jeepstrokers.com/forum/viewt ... =17&t=1292
http://www.jeepstrokers.com 94 XJ Stroked lifted locked. 89 MJ restored Work truck, 88 YJ going on third build up and second Stroker.
TNT
Where's the "any" key?
Where's the "any" key?

Post by TNT »

I was thinking the Stroker Tech should be longblock related and have a sub forum for all the parts that bolt to a long block.

I know I would check both because they are both important boards but it would help keep the longbock build questions from getting lost in a sea of other posts.
TNT
89 MJ ext. cab project

Shark
Consistent
Consistent

Post by Shark »

why dont we have a quick reply field at the bottom or the last post in a thread. moswt forums i frequent have that quick reply feature.

how bout a forced induction forum.

we will probably also need an tech FAQ to cut down on repeated questions that have been covered numerous times. i know this are kinda slow right now but once the word gets out i think we will get a lot of the trafic from naxja, comanche club, pirate4x4, etc.
'91 MJ 4.0 ax15 Resto-mod street truck project, stroker candidate
'93 XJ 2door 4.0 aw4 np231 7" lift 33's
'95 XJ 4door 4.0 aw4 2" 31's
'95 XJ 4door 4.0 aw4 np231 4" lift 31's RIP