Suggeted list of sensors and their function?

Newbies, and basic Stroker Recipes... Get started with your first stroker here!!
crustodd
Donator
Donator
Stroker Displacement: 284
Vehicle Year: 1994
Vehicle Make: Jeep
Vehicle Model: XJ

Suggeted list of sensors and their function?

Post by crustodd »

Hey Peeps,
Could one or more of you knowledgeable senior members compile a list of the sensors the OBD 1 rigs use, what their functions are, and how they interact??? I know that's a broad request, but some of us neophytes are trying to understand the quirks that changing to a stroker causes with regard to the computer side of the equation, and I think it might be a helpful part of the basic questions info.

Thanks in advance,

Todd
eliv1
I think I'll order a "tab"
I think I'll order a "tab"

Re: Suggeted list of sensors and their function?

Post by eliv1 »

I can write a long list now, with every sensor function and name, but i'm lazy, so send me your email address, and i will mail you a FSM. it is detailed there throughly there.
88 CJ8, 4.5L Stroker ,P&P Head ,Compcam 68-231-4 cam , 4.0L Junkyard MPI , 99 Intake, Borla Header,2.5" Flowmaster + piping,Electric Fans;SUA 4" lift on 33" tires ;4.11's Dana 44 F&R LockRight , High Steer with CTM's ;OBA;Full Cage.
Mgardiner1
Donator
Donator
Stroker Displacement: 284 CI

Re: Suggeted list of sensors and their function?

Post by Mgardiner1 »

There are long and short explanations for each one. Such as, Crank Position Sensor, its job is to tell the ECU where the crank is. However that doesn't help you much without a little more context of how the ECU utilizes this sensor.

As Eliv1 mentioned, it can be long and very detailed. I have a PDF file that is a section of a 92 jeep FSM electronic "Theory of operation" (12 pages long on ECU input and output) If you are interested, PM me your e-mail
oletshot wrote:....and silvolites are only cast not hypericantspellits. :-)