24 lb injectors stock cars?

Newbies, and basic Stroker Recipes... Get started with your first stroker here!!
Dirtweazle
Noob
Noob
Stroker Displacement: 4.6
Vehicle Year: 2000

24 lb injectors stock cars?

Post by Dirtweazle »

Im figuring my overheat problem does lie with the small injectors. Around town normal throttle there are no probs but when at frwy speeds on hills it overheats. Thinking the motor is running too lean.. Bla bla bla another thread. :deadhorse:

To fix this I need to know what vehicles 24lbs injectors came in stock. Meaning i got a half a dozen walk on junk yards around. Need the ones with the -newer- square plugs for a 2k. In fact I will probably get two sets and send one out to get cleaned and flowed ( anyone remember a cleaner) I had a link to someone who did this for a really good price. Match flowed them and all. Cant find it now. This is LOW budget like $20 for the set and another 50 for clean/flow.. I have seen rebuilt sets go for $100 but Im not there yet. I would rather save that 30 bucks, spend a few hours at the JY on the 'hunt' find 5 other things I NEEEEED.. And spend the 30 on that.
Troy "WeaZle" McCarty
2K XJ 4.6 (Go Slow)
88 Raceco Class 10 2175cc (Go Fast)
07 Avia 6877 size 12 (Go Pedestrian)
Plechtan
Donator
Donator
Stroker Displacement: 5.0L 4x4
Vehicle Year: 1988
Vehicle Make: Jeep
Vehicle Model: Comanche

Re: 24 lb injectors stock cars?

Post by Plechtan »

I think mustangs are your best bet, i think the blue top might be correct, you could also purchase rebuilt injectors at auto parts store and return yours as the core. At least you would know waht you are getting.
Peter Lechtanski
The worlds Fastest Comanche Prroject
SkylinesSuck
Donator
Donator
Stroker Displacement: 4.6L
Vehicle Year: 1998
Vehicle Make: Jeep
Vehicle Model: Wrangler

Post by SkylinesSuck »

I ordered mine from 5.0performance.com or something like that. They were 24lb Cobra injectors. Witchhunter.com is a good place to get them cleaned and tested.
lafrad
Movin on up ^
Movin on up ^

Post by lafrad »

http://www.fiveomotorsport.com/

Has them... even labled for Jeep stroker applications.

Might be able to cross reference part numbers from there if you are still up for the junkyard runs.