Spell Check

Check here before you check anywhere else!!
Muad'Dib
Site Admin / Owner
Site Admin / Owner
Stroker Displacement: 4.7L
Vehicle Year: 1990
Vehicle Make: Jeep
Vehicle Model: Cherokee

Spell Check

Post by Muad'Dib »

I have added a spell check feature to this board. When posting a reply, making a new post, sending a pm .. etc.. you can see there is a "Spell Check" button at the bottom of the text area next to Preview and Submit. I was looking into different solutions to make this happen for this board, unfortunately, no one has really "treaded new water" with phpbb3 (which is still fairly new). I was able to get SpellingCow to work which i was proud of, but it is buggy with different browsers, and the support seemed to be lacking. Then after doing some more research, i came across phpSpell which has been adapted for phpbb2 but not 3. Fortunately i was able to get it working with the help of a guy named Bob from http://www.islatravelers.com. It integrates into this board really well, and so far i am very pleased. I hope you guys will also enjoy it.
I know some browsers have a built in spell checker, but i wanted a solution for no matter what browser you use. I have tested our Spell Checker with IE7, Firefox, Opera, and Safari. It works with the tested browsers except for Safari, which i should be able to fix within the next few days.

Anyway, check it out and tell me what you think, any bugs you encounter, and general feedback. Enjoy!
If it feels right, then STROKE it!
You're lucky that hundred shot of CAPS LOCK didn't blow the welds on the forum!!
seanyb505
Donator
Donator
Stroker Displacement: 280ci
Vehicle Year: 1997

Re: Spell Check

Post by seanyb505 »

Thankz! werks grate! In all seriousness, I think it's a good feature to have, as sometimes a wrong letter here and there can change the meaning of the post. Im also excited to see this forum grow and gain legitimacy. It's liking watching a kid graduate from highschool and move on to college.
Now I can be like all those other awesome people with more than one Jeep in their sig, but now I have to say one of them is sold:(
97 XJ 4.6
90 MJ 4.0 - sold

I want to have as many Jeeps as children. DD, offroader, drag MJ and another one. 4=4
Flash
I love JeepStrokers.com!!
I love JeepStrokers.com!!

Post by Flash »

I just want to say again Thank you!!!! The love and care that it takes, to make it work, like a well oiled machine..............Is just Grate.
And I will do my part, to help and make this, an even better place.............Like complaining about not having a spell check :lol:

Yup, it works, Only had five miss spelled words this time.......... :D

Flash
89 XJ with 300,000 on the original eng

"I've also never completed a motor, yet. My mouth (fingers) is also writing checks my ass can't cash."
Muad'Dib
Site Admin / Owner
Site Admin / Owner

Post by Muad'Dib »

Safari issues are fixed...

I have also changed this mod a little:
When posting a reply, making a new post, sending a pm .. etc.. you can see there is a "Spell Check" button at the bottom of the text area next to Preview and Submit.
Instead of being up at the top of the posting text area (where it was before), its now down at the bottom next to Preview and Submit. I feel that it flows with the layout better that way. Previewing and Submitting are the last things that you do when creating a post... so it seems to fit better down there.

As always your feedback is appreciated.

Thanks
You're lucky that hundred shot of CAPS LOCK didn't blow the welds on the forum!!
Muad'Dib
Site Admin / Owner
Site Admin / Owner

Post by Muad'Dib »

Does anyone use this? Or at this point with all the modern browsers having built in spell check its not really used and is ignored?

Thanks!