UNICHIP Newbie Tech Question (Not first stroker)

Performance mods and Advanced Stroker discussion.
gumcrew2
Stroker Displacement: 4.6

UNICHIP Newbie Tech Question (Not first stroker)

Post by gumcrew2 »

What aftermarket piggyback/replacement air/fuel management system would you/do you run and why???

Background::

'91 XJ, .030, 12 counterweight crank, silvolite 2229's dished to 28.33cc's (really), Ford 24lb/hr injectors, adjustable fuel pressure regulator (F*k Hesco), port/polished head, valve job (not enlarged valves), crane 260/272 cam (intake valve closes at 61* past), block decked .010

intake, 62mm tb, headers, straight piped (no post cat 02 sensor), modified IAT and MAP, hesco water pump, 3 row radiator, dual electric fans, MORE motor mounts, melling hi-flow oil pump

the motor is in assembly right now and after my fiasco with my last motor, I will be getting some tuning done on this one.
My first stroker was higher CR and even with 24lb/hr injectors and the adjustable FPR ran too lean at high rpm, and melted into the wyoming hillside at 3am (fun stuff.)

From my research the UNICHIP is the best/easiest/fastest/cheapest way to get what I want. My goal is not massive horsepower, just simple reliability and economy. After talking with users and a few dyno shops it appears as if I can get a new one for under $400, with a harness for a '91 XJ, plug and play. I'm planning on having it additionally dyno tuned with the UniChip as added security of a proper tune.

What are your thoughts?

Thanks for being such a great resource, I'm over on COlorado4x4.org and no one over there seems to have heard of this site.

-Saul
'91 XJ 4.7L (MELTED!) D44/D60, lifted, locked, caged, geared, GPS clocked at 128
Comanche91
Donator
Donator
Stroker Displacement: 4.6L
Vehicle Year: 1991
Vehicle Make: JeeP
Vehicle Model: Comanche

Re: UNICHIP Newbie Tech Question (Not first stroker)

Post by Comanche91 »

I'm running the Unichip on my Hesco stroker and am very happy with it. Check HERE
91 Comanche LWB, AW4, Hesco 4.6L, D44 Trac-lok, CHROME freak, ROLL TIDE