4.6 Stroker build..pics included

Project vehicle blogs or "mod diary" specific threads only.. Pics encouraged!!
seanyb505
Donator
Donator
Stroker Displacement: 280ci
Vehicle Year: 1997
Vehicle Make: Jeep
Vehicle Model: Cherokee

Re: 4.6 Stroker build..pics included

Post by seanyb505 »

I knew about the dash bash, but that hasn't seemed to fix the situation. Fuses are all good, but since it does start and I'll be moving out of state in five days, it isn't my main concern. Once I get to the new place I'll start following the diagnostic procedures listed in the FSM.
Now I can be like all those other awesome people with more than one Jeep in their sig, but now I have to say one of them is sold:(
97 XJ 4.6
90 MJ 4.0 - sold

I want to have as many Jeeps as children. DD, offroader, drag MJ and another one. 4=4
seanyb505
Donator
Donator
Stroker Displacement: 280ci
Vehicle Year: 1997

Post by seanyb505 »

Just an update. Got everything working once I got to South Carolina. Got it broken in, have been running Brad Penn 10w40 since November 2011, have about 5000 miles on it. Still feels strong, no noises, although I did have to replace the steel in/ex manifold gasket since it was whistling at idle. Used a felt(or whatever material it is) one and no more whistle. I used SilverXJ's cps mod, and got my mileage to around 20 mpg per tank. That combined with slightly shorter tires (255/55/16) has given it slightly more pep. Most relieving of all is that it still hasn't lost oil pressure. I reused the Isky cam and retention spring, so it had to have been the cam bearings; bad quality or installation.
Now I can be like all those other awesome people with more than one Jeep in their sig, but now I have to say one of them is sold:(
97 XJ 4.6
90 MJ 4.0 - sold

I want to have as many Jeeps as children. DD, offroader, drag MJ and another one. 4=4
gradon
Donator
Donator
Stroker Displacement: 4.6/280ci
Vehicle Year: 1996

Post by gradon »

What gear ratio you running in the rear?