Oil shoots out of pushrods

Newbies, and basic Stroker Recipes... Get started with your first stroker here!!
optmaxx
Consistent
Consistent
Stroker Displacement: 4.6
Vehicle Year: 1990
Vehicle Make: Jeep
Vehicle Model: Wrangler

Oil shoots out of pushrods

Post by optmaxx »

So I got my Jeep back together, but when I went to prime the oil pump, it shoots out of all the lifters just by priming it with a drill; it built up pressure pretty fast too. I figured that maybe it's the new lifters so I went and started the engine thinking that it might go away once they pimp up, but it didn't, so I turned it off. No weird noises btw, not even lifter tapping on the new lifters.

The oil pump was new so I reused it, and oil squirted out of a few lifters when the #6 piston failed but I figured that maybe those lifters failed, but now it seems like the oil pump isn't good. Could a bad oil pump cause oil to shoot out of the rocker oil holes?
optmaxx
Consistent
Consistent
Stroker Displacement: 4.6
Vehicle Year: 1990
Vehicle Make: Jeep
Vehicle Model: Wrangler

Re: Oil shoots out of pushrods

Post by optmaxx »

I changed the oil pump thinking that it may be it, but oil still shoots out pretty good from the rocker arms. I mentioned it to my mechanic and he said that it's not abnormal if they are all doing it, and that he's seen it on engines with good oil pressure.

So I figured that it could be a few things causing it, and that's that the lifters themselves could be causing the oil to shoot out cause they seem to look different from the other OE lifter brands for the 4.0, and yes these Ebay lifters are for the Jeep 4.0s, and that also I'm also using the Clevite bearings that come with no oil holes on the rod bearings. Having no oil holes on the rod bearings could probably be causing more oil pressure which could be showing up through the rockers?

Here's a pic of the Ebay lifters I'm using from DNJ, and they seem to be working ok so far, despite looking different. The DNJ lifter is on the left, and the one on the right is Sealed Power. Man, I was hesitant to use them cause they made noise when I shook them, but I've read that some new lifters make noise when shook cause they have no oil in them. I don't, I just went for it and they seem fine.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.