Stroker Too Much Pressure - Rear Main Seal

Performance mods and Advanced Stroker discussion.
Bob2001XJ
Stroker Displacement: 4.6
Vehicle Year: 2001
Vehicle Make: Jeep
Vehicle Model: Cherokee

Stroker Too Much Pressure - Rear Main Seal

Post by Bob2001XJ »

I installed a new Titan Stroker with new exhaust manifold and new PCV/CCV valves and hoses....so those are not the issue. I have a ton of pressure in the motor and blow by out both openings on the valve cover. The engine runs fine as far as noise and no smoke but the pressure is blowing out my rear main seal. I replace the rear seal then drive it and it is fine....then in a few miles it starts leaking and blowing oil out. It loses about 1 quart per 5 miles so it is not drivable.

The exhaust manifold pulls vacuum through all the hoses. I tried making the hole larger in the PCV valve and that slowed the oil drip but then the engine runs bad. This was my indication that it is all pressure related.

Logically you would say it is an issue with the pistons/rings/valves but it is not making any noise and not blowing any smoke. But maybe it could still be that. It is a brand new motor with about 300 miles on it.

Any ideas?
Cheromaniac
I live here
I live here
Stroker Displacement: 4563cc
Vehicle Year: 1992
Vehicle Make: Jeep
Vehicle Model: Cherokee

Re: Stroker Too Much Pressure - Rear Main Seal

Post by Cheromaniac »

I think you meant the intake manifold, not the exhaust, pulling vacuum. I suggest:

1. Check the idle vacuum.
2. Perform compression and leak down tests.

There's a chance the piston rings haven't seated properly causing excessive blowby.
1992 XJ 4.6 I6 - 5MT - Stroker build-up, Stroker "recipes" Sold
1995 Mustang GT - 4AT - Modded Sold
2006 Mustang GT - 5MT - Modded Midlife Crisis Car :mrgreen: