High idle and fuel pressure, this is a tough one...( also microsquirt install)

For all non stroker / performance related problems and discussion.
Jeepking1995
Stroker Displacement: 4.6
Vehicle Year: 1993
Vehicle Make: Jeep
Vehicle Model: Yj

High idle and fuel pressure, this is a tough one...( also microsquirt install)

Post by Jeepking1995 »

93 yj with a 4.6 stroker and 24 pound injectors, ran for about 9 months with an map sensor code because I have a cam that is not making enough vacuum (10inHg at idle) the ecu to think it's at 80% throttle and run a little rich at idle, now I have this issue where it runs ruch at 9-10 on the afr gauge, idles at 1500 rpm and 60 psi on the fuel pressure gauge on the rail, I can unhook the battery cables and reset the ecu and it will run "ok" for about 5 days then it happens again and I have to reset it again, I have to turn on the jeep wait 20 seconds for the check engine light to come on and then it runs "ok" I'm only getting map sensor codes and running rich codes, I replaced the fuel regulator, made sure the fuel return line wasn't clogged, and now to deal with the original map sensor issue I have installed a microsquirt ecu to better control and manage the engine also hoping to fix the other issue but...the microsquirt is reading the fuel load at 100kpa at idle, (won't idle) and an afr reading of 9-10 and I'm thinking the original issue is still lingering causing this, so it's obviously not an ecu issue, I'm completely lost and out of ideas, any help if anyone has any ideas, thoughts or clues are greatly appreciated.