4.0 head on 4.2 short block intake and carb options

Swaping 258 to 4.0, 4.0 parts to 258 etc!
H3lping
Stroker Displacement: 4.2
Vehicle Year: 1989
Vehicle Make: Jeep
Vehicle Model: Wrangler

4.0 head on 4.2 short block intake and carb options

Post by H3lping »

I have found a boat of info on here and thank you guys for being a well of information. I have looked but can't seem to find a definite answer on this subject matter.

I'm putting a 7120 head on my 258 short block with a mild street cam from Russ. I am aware the 258 intake manifold needs a dowel shaved off to mate up to the 7120 head, but my question is should I go with an Offenhauser intake manifold and 4-barrel carb or can I stick with my current intake manifold and use a 2-barrel carb? if so, what carb is recommended?

Thanks again.
amcinstaller
I love JeepStrokers.com!!
I love JeepStrokers.com!!
Stroker Displacement: 4.6L
Vehicle Year: 1980
Vehicle Make: AMC
Vehicle Model: Spirit

Re: 4.0 head on 4.2 short block intake and carb options

Post by amcinstaller »

Does the cam from Russ have the fuel pump lobe? Just curious not trying to be rude
1980 AMC Spirit Restomod in Progress
SilverXJ wrote:Roller rockers won't help that mess you have created. Nor will God for that matter.
H3lping
Stroker Displacement: 4.2
Vehicle Year: 1989
Vehicle Make: Jeep
Vehicle Model: Wrangler

Re: 4.0 head on 4.2 short block intake and carb options

Post by H3lping »

amcinstaller wrote: October 25th, 2023, 11:14 am Does the cam from Russ have the fuel pump lobe? Just curious not trying to be rude
No worries,

the details of which cam have not been fully ironed out, but I would like on with a fuel pump lobe to retain the mechanical fuel pump. worst comes to worst ill get an electric fuel pump and a fuel pressure regulator hooked to a carb