Speedometer Gadget

Dedicated forum for all things electrical... Sometimes Electrical issues can really get you stumped! Not Stroker related.
Flathead56
Stroker Displacement: 4.7
Vehicle Year: 1999
Vehicle Make: Jeep
Vehicle Model: Cherokee

Speedometer Gadget

Post by Flathead56 »

New member here. Got a HealTech SpeedoHealer to recalibrate my speedometer but when I went to install, the stock wiring connection plugs were not there as my newly acquired XJ apparently has a different (241J 4:1) transfer case installed out of a 2013 Jeep Rubicon according to the previous owner.

So, my problem is I don't know if I can direct wire this up or use it at all. HealTech's instructions were to just unplug the existing speedometer connector and plug it into one of their plugs, and the other back into the transfer case thereby looping the circuit thru their little programable box placed under the hood and back to the other connector. Then you enter % adjustment into their little box as needed to adjust your speedometer reading up or down incrementally as needed. The one pic shows there patchwire with 2 plugs & my current setup with no plugs.

Should be an easy install but per the photo I have no connectors at all. I have reached out to HealTech to see if I could just hard wire it in. However, I need to know which wires do what. Does anyone have a wiring diagram which shows the speedometer wiring or something that shows wire color and what they do (wiring diagram)? Image
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Flathead56
Stroker Displacement: 4.7
Vehicle Year: 1999
Vehicle Make: Jeep
Vehicle Model: Cherokee

Re: Speedometer Gadget

Post by Flathead56 »

I wanted everyone to know I resolved my issue and have my speedometer adjusted for my oversized tires. SpeedoHealer customer support was very good and quickly helped me solve everything via email. With the information they provided I was able to install and dial in so that speedometer is very accurate. They give you instructions, an online calculator, or you can download a phone app which provides step-by-step how to instructions. I input my speedometer speed & the actual GPS speed (from a speed app on my phone) and it gives you exact data entry step-by-step instructions. Its so easy that I made some quick minor adjustments on my test drive to get it really honed in. Although a little pricey, I like the flexibility. So far I am very satisfied and recommend the product!