So..... I paid over $200 for this.....

Performance mods and Advanced Stroker discussion.
mrtappan
Noob
Noob
Stroker Displacement: 4.6
Vehicle Year: 1984
Vehicle Make: Jeep
Vehicle Model: CJ7

So..... I paid over $200 for this.....

Post by mrtappan »

Before I blow up on Novak Engineering on the phone, I paid $230 total with shipping to have them "clearance my bell housing" for the 4.0 flywheel sensor. This is what I got........

They just hand ground a misshapen hole in it with no mounts (two threaded bolt holes) for the sensor. Is this normal? Its hideous and not even functional. The factory mount is slim and clean. Am I crazy or is this normal?

https://yourimageshare.com/ib/EnadvZtaNM
amcinstaller
I love JeepStrokers.com!!
Stroker Displacement: 4.6L
Vehicle Year: 1980
Vehicle Make: AMC
Vehicle Model: Spirit

Re: So..... I paid over $200 for this.....

Post by amcinstaller »

While I do agree it is not pretty, the bell I used in my 4.0 swap using an sbec/HO harness looked kinda the same. My bell was from a 95 YJ for external slave, and the cps had tabs that bolted to those two bolt holes either side. Best of luck
1980 AMC Spirit Restomod in Progress
SilverXJ wrote:Roller rockers won't help that mess you have created. Nor will God for that matter.
mrtappan
Noob
Noob

Post by mrtappan »

I think mine might use the same sensor. I don't remember having to pull the bell housing bolts to remove it but I might have. Also, both my donor vehicles were 2wd Cherokee automatics. Maybe their sensor is different than the one I need to use.
amcinstaller

Post by amcinstaller »

On my swap, I've been looking to change the computer and harness to an obd2 unit. In my junkyard travels I've find 3 different cps plugs, and at least 2 different mounting. One mounts with two bolts and the 96ish WJ mounted with a single bolt. I've been wondering what the actual differences are besides plug shape and mount. I'm not close to my car this week, but I can double check on my sensor bolts this weekend and report back
SilverXJ wrote:Roller rockers won't help that mess you have created. Nor will God for that matter.
mrtappan
Noob
Noob

Post by mrtappan »

I have a ODBII setup from a 96 Cherokee that I dont plan on using. I'm going to use the ODBI setup in theory. One of my donor Cherokees was 1993 and one was 1996 so I have both styles. I bought the 1996 first for the FI setup because I didn't think I could find a running ODBI unit. Two or three weeks after I bought it, a running 1993 came up for sale. So I bought it too. I plan on using the ODBI setup so in the near future I may have an ODBII setup to sell if you're interested
amcinstaller

Post by amcinstaller »

Thank you for the offer, but I've got a setup parsed down and ready for testing already, I just have to get a chance to actually start testing