Engine runs hot sometimes

For all non stroker / performance related problems and discussion.
Jeepking1995
Stroker Displacement: 4.6
Vehicle Year: 1993
Vehicle Make: Jeep
Vehicle Model: Yj

Engine runs hot sometimes

Post by Jeepking1995 »

I have a 4.6 stroker that runs hot sometimes, fine driving but being in stop and go traffic it got up to around 235-240 in 93degrees outside, another day driving about 75mph on a high upper 90degree day it was around 215, the first dash after 210 degrees on the gauge, driving on the trail the next day it got hot enough where I had to shutdown and let it cool off, new engine only one year old, coolant is clean, new heater core, new mishimoto 2 row Radiator, had an offbrand 3 row that worked amazingly, kept it really cool about 190 most of the time but it leaked and no warranty, the thing is I have a 16 inch electric fan from Amazon with no shroud over the Radiator, would a shroud help, I'm guessing yes, but it worked fine without one with the old Radiator, open to any suggestions or ideas, I know my water pump is right,my mixture is good I'm running a little rich actually, 12.6 on my wideband
Tonyt22
Noob
Noob
Vehicle Year: 1993
Vehicle Make: Jeep
Vehicle Model: Cherokee

Re: Engine runs hot sometimes

Post by Tonyt22 »

A shroud would definitely help
Are you running a mechanical fan along with your 16 ? What about the ac fan ?
The 2 row could possibly be moving coolant to fast and not getting a chance to cool compared to the 3 row
I've learned my lesson with aftermarket rads to many issues a stock plastic tank does the job here in the ca high desert