motor will not turn over

Newbies, and basic Stroker Recipes... Get started with your first stroker here!!
len1xj
Making Progress
Making Progress
Stroker Displacement: 4.6
Vehicle Year: 1998
Vehicle Make: jeep
Vehicle Model: xj

motor will not turn over

Post by len1xj »

I bolted the motor to the AW4 transmission.
Tried to turn the motor over by the Crank bolt to line up the torque converter bolt holes with the flex plate holes. the motor would not turn over. this is a new 4.6 build. last time we turned the motor over was when we were putting the rocker arms in. could it be that we put the torque converter in wrong and some how pinching the converter up against the Flex plate?
Any thoughts?
len1xj
Making Progress
Making Progress

Re: motor will not turn over

Post by len1xj »

I am writing this in case some one else would have the same problem.
Last weekend a friend and I loosened the bell housing bolts about a 1/4 inch. on the last bolt we heard and felt a loud knock from the bellhousing, the motor turned after that. we tightened up the bolts and again there was a loud knock when we were tightening the last bolt. this time it was not not as loud as the time before, the motor still turned. we put the toque converter bolts in, the motor and the tuque converter turned. there was something not aliened and it did so when we lessened the bolts . not sure how this happened but it is all ok now.
IH 392
I love JeepStrokers.com!!
I love JeepStrokers.com!!

Post by IH 392 »

Sounds like the converter wasn't in the pump?, the bellhousing should go right up to the block with no effort and the converter should be back away from the flexplate a noticeable ways.
You can get more power out of ANY engine!!!
ASE Master certified engine machinist, gas and diesel
len1xj
Making Progress
Making Progress

Post by len1xj »

your right. this is a no brainer but something did not work right. but it is all good now. :-)