Finally Doing this thing...

Newbies, and basic Stroker Recipes... Get started with your first stroker here!!
Russ Pottenger
Strong Poster
Strong Poster
Stroker Displacement: 4.7
Vehicle Year: 2000
Vehicle Make: Jeep
Vehicle Model: Cherokee

Re: Finally Doing this thing...

Post by Russ Pottenger »

One of the benefits of utilizing my pisston with a 1.385 compression height is that it allows you the option to not having to surface the block in order to achieve a zero deck. If your machine shop chooses to do a minimum surface the standard.051 Felpro head gasket would be a good choice.
KCKrogoth
Vehicle Year: 1998
Vehicle Model: ZJ

Post by KCKrogoth »

Haven't forgotten about this project, just trying to organize costs and finances, thanks for the info an help Russ, I'll be reaching out to pull the trigger here eventually.

I do have a few other questions to go along with this setup...

I was driving into town the other day in the ZJ to get emissions done and registration accomplished, and it is stupid hot here in NM lately, so the temp started seeking on the side of 225ish on the dummy dash gauge...I guess my next question is since I plan to do this engine upgrade, should I look into a better cooling system? Do the strokes run hotter? Is there a better radiator or fan option I should look at?
Cheromaniac
I live here
I live here
Stroker Displacement: 4563cc
Vehicle Year: 1992
Vehicle Model: Cherokee

Post by Cheromaniac »

I suggest you look for an aftermarket aluminium radiator for your model. Aluminium dissipates heat faster and the radiator is likely to have a thicker core for more efficient cooling.
1992 XJ 4.6 I6 - 5MT - Stroker build-up, Stroker "recipes" Sold
1995 Mustang GT - 4AT - Modded Sold
2006 Mustang GT - 5MT - Modded Midlife Crisis Car :mrgreen: