Big cam causing rough idle

Performance mods and Advanced Stroker discussion.
Jeepking1995
Stroker Displacement: 4.6
Vehicle Year: 1993
Vehicle Make: Jeep
Vehicle Model: Yj

Big cam causing rough idle

Post by Jeepking1995 »

I have a 4.6 stroker with a big cam, I have some extra gauges so I can see what's going on, it idle really rough at 10 afr and about 12 inHg, I think because the cam is not making enough vacuum, I'm also getting map sensor code, the adjustable map sensor will not work, I have the opposite problem, too much fuel, I tried it already, what I've gathered is the cam is not making enough vacuum, causing the map sensor to read at about part to mid throttle, telling the ecu to put more fuel in, causing a rich idle, at cruise and al little below cruise it is fine, at 14.7, when at idle you can see the afr adjust up th about 13.2 and then drop back to 10, like it's trying to adjust but I just can't quite do it, what has everybody done to deal with this issue, I'm thinking about running a microsquirt to fix it and just so I can get the full power of the engine
Randy Bobandi
I made it to triple digits!
I made it to triple digits!

Re: Big cam causing rough idle

Post by Randy Bobandi »

How much duration does this cam have? What is the target idle speed? and how are you tuning the fuel table?
Jeepking1995
Stroker Displacement: 4.6
Vehicle Year: 1993
Vehicle Make: Jeep
Vehicle Model: Yj

Re: Big cam causing rough idle

Post by Jeepking1995 »

No idea on cam specs, I think idle speed is should be 750 or at least what I'm hoping for, what is a fuel table?