FREE engine block in central PA

Newbies, and basic Stroker Recipes... Get started with your first stroker here!!
CandyCaneXj
Making Progress
Making Progress
Vehicle Year: 1994
Vehicle Make: Jeep
Vehicle Model: Cherokee

FREE engine block in central PA

Post by CandyCaneXj »

So I live in southern VA and I'm driving to Elysburg PA in a few weeks to get junk off my dad's property. Anybody want a 1998 XJ stroker block? No internals in it. It's current bore is 3.934. NOT 3.935. Back when I was on here all the time I built a 4.8 stroker from the thief 505 performance and my engine only lasted 2100 miles because the pistons started scuffing and it caused knocking so I tore it apart and put my stock block back in. I think my bore was too tight by the .001 of an inch plus the lack of oil on the walls from the Chevy connecting rods. There were two bore sizes in the stupid piston instructions and I chose the tighter one. So this block physically has scuff marks worse on cylinder 6 and working it's way to cylinder 1 shows nothing I think. But you can't physically feel the scuffing with your finger so I think boring the block out .001 to a true .060 overbore would fix it completely. This block is CLEAN in a nice garage with main caps. New cam bearings were put in it. Brass freeze plugs. The deck was not shaved but checked for straightness. The main bearing alignment was nice and straight too. Nice blue paint. I think the block had 80k-90k miles on it when I bought it stock from a buddy. I was so pumped when I got this thing for my 94 Cherokee at the time because it's still the button style cam and timing cover but you don't need the stupid oil filter elbow on it because it's the rare casting #(53020515) where the oil filter screws onto the side of the block completely horizontally and it's farther into the block. Fit great in my 94 Cherokee. All accessory mounting holes were the same as any other 1991-1998 block so this is for any Cherokee of that year. Distributor style obviously. Only thing I had to do was use the shorter 98 oil pressure sensor and break my sensor clip because it would hit the firewall because the hole for it is slightly different on the block. I guess 1997 and newer Cherokees have different firewalls. I really don't have the heart to scrap this thing but I gotta move on if no one wants it.. I still have some other Cherokee engine parts I think. Old stock 96 pistons and rods, a custom intake manifold I was making, and maybe a grill and other junk. All free. Does anyone want the stuff? I didn't post this in classifieds because it looks like this forum is shrinking with age so I assume this gets the most views here.
Enzosrock
Stroker Displacement: 4.6
Vehicle Year: 1997
Vehicle Model: Cherokee S

Re: FREE engine block in central PA

Post by Enzosrock »

I'll take it! PMING!
CandyCaneXj
Making Progress
Making Progress
Vehicle Year: 1994
Vehicle Model: Cherokee

Re: FREE engine block in central PA

Post by CandyCaneXj »

Block finally picked up by someone in case a moderator wants to delete this.