screamin demon

Newbies, and basic Stroker Recipes... Get started with your first stroker here!!
len1xj
Making Progress
Making Progress
Stroker Displacement: 4.6
Vehicle Year: 1998
Vehicle Make: jeep
Vehicle Model: xj

screamin demon

Post by len1xj »

I have a 1998 jeep 4.6 xj stroker. I got a new distributor and a screamin demon coil with the adaptor. does not fit, but every where I look I find that the screamin demon needs this adaptor to pair the two up. can not plug the distributor directly in either. polling my hair out trying to figure out what I am not seeing. should me simple. I know I am going to be red face after you all tell me what I am doing wrong. :oops:
by the way, I took the distributor back thinking I got the wrong one. since then I found out it was right. looking to get a new one after talking to you guys.
has anyone had this problem before? thank you in advance for your help. you guys have always steered me right. :)
Cheromaniac
I live here
I live here
Stroker Displacement: 4563cc
Vehicle Year: 1992
Vehicle Make: Jeep
Vehicle Model: Cherokee

Re: screamin demon

Post by Cheromaniac »

You could simply swap in a new OEM replacement coil.
1992 XJ 4.6 I6 - 5MT - Stroker build-up, Stroker "recipes" Sold
1995 Mustang GT - 4AT - Modded Sold
2006 Mustang GT - 5MT - Modded Midlife Crisis Car :mrgreen:
len1xj
Making Progress
Making Progress

Post by len1xj »

yes, I could do that but I have used these coils before and it really makes a difference. I'm just really frustrated that if it worked before then why does it not work now. the only difference is I have an after market distributor that is no different then my old one. I wish I had kept all the old parts. with everything I have done to this jeep I want a hotter spark then the the stock coil. Man I can't believe it is this difficult. I feel like I am :brickwall:
thanks for your input.
I6FAN
I made it to triple digits!
I made it to triple digits!
Stroker Displacement: 4.2
Vehicle Year: 1987
Vehicle Model: wrangler

Post by I6FAN »

Apparently, the adaptor is required for '98 and up. Being that the distributor is correct, and it doesn't fit, could it be the adaptor that is incorrect? Some of these products actually have a wide range of applications thus adaptors.
len1xj
Making Progress
Making Progress

Post by len1xj »

I have thought about that and from what I have found there is only one. I am at the point I will have to call D.U.I. who makes the coil.
maybe they will have some answers. :brickwall: