2001 to 99 and later exhaust…

Performance mods and Advanced Stroker discussion.
Guntar13
Stroker Displacement: 4.6
Vehicle Year: 2001
Vehicle Make: Jeep
Vehicle Model: Cherokee

2001 to 99 and later exhaust…

Post by Guntar13 »

Anyway here's the skinny of what I'm doing. I've got an 01 five speed that currently have the guts ripped out of and building a stroker for that is getting close to slamming it back in. I would really like to switch to the 2000 1/2 and later exhaust system in this; ditch the pre cats and have two 02 sensors and one large cat underneath. I'm wondering how feasible this is? I actually do have an ecu out of a 2000 (634AF). So this going into a 5 speed the ecu doesn't have to talk to the trans ecu. I'm wondering about the wiring aspect mainly for the ignition and 02 sensors. Correct me if I'm wrong the coil rail will wire up the same with the plug in the back of the coil rail but which 02 sensor is going to be the new single one to use or in this case 2 (front and rear)? Or is it just probe them out when I have power to the truck again? Anyones insight who has done this is much appreciated thanks!
DiegoR
Stroker Displacement: 4.0L
Vehicle Year: 2001
Vehicle Make: Jeep
Vehicle Model: Cherokee X

Re: 2001 to 99 and later exhaust…

Post by DiegoR »

I'm in the same boat. I already trying a 2000 XJ calibration for TWO 02 sensors (but I'm afraid one is for pre and the other is for after cat) for my XJ 2001 , but right now I'm testing it and do as many cycles as I can to see if I get a MIL related to that, so far so good.

I'm going to install this PACE SETTER header and add a single high flow CAT. I have yet to see if I can disable the after ACT 02 sensors with my HP tuners but seems the support for the JTEC controller is somewhat limited and so far I couldn't do that unlike newer JTEC or GPEC systems in other Jeeps which I was success by deleting the MIL for the back 02 sensors.
Jeep Cherokee Classic 2001 AX-15 stock for now...