Fuel pump/injection problem?? Need advice.

Newbies, and basic Stroker Recipes... Get started with your first stroker here!!
Torqsplit
Making Progress
Making Progress
Stroker Displacement: 4.7
Vehicle Year: 1992
Vehicle Make: Jeep
Vehicle Model: XJ

Re: Fuel pump/injection problem?? Need advice.

Post by Torqsplit »

20220604_101538.jpg
20220604_101721.jpg
So i dug out one of my spares just for reference, & maybe save you a trip to the parts store. This one is Not a bronze gear, even tho the pic kinda looks like it. The "step" in your gear teeth is from the cam gear wearing into the distributor gear. To a smaller degree this is by design, as the cam gear teeth are harder than the distributor gear, even before Nitriding. I've discussed this topic in fairly deep detail before on here, so i won't subject everyone to it again 😉 Joe Gibbs is good stuff, and if you're seeing 40+psi w/ 10-30 across the board, i'd wager your bearing tolerances are probably very healthy. *Please discuss this with your machinist and Russ, if they recommended the HV-Pump*. You "May" be just fine with a standard volume replacement, which could reduce the wear on your dizzy gear. Big can of worms getting into this topic, I'm well aware lol. So pease refer back to your engine builders' advice. Maybe just run it a bit with your recent repair and check the gear occasionally to see what its doing. It may be fine now. Maybe I'll go pull mine to see how it looks also and we can all compare wear patterns? Might be scary!😀
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.