HP Tuners or Holley

Performance mods and Advanced Stroker discussion.
Drooque

HP Tuners or Holley

Post by Drooque »

So, apparently HP Tuners is not compatible with Jeeps running the GPEC5 PCM which stated to be integrated into vehicles in 2001, but Holley is. Holley appears to be a bit more expensive, but I don't understand how the credits and such with HP Tuners works. Does anybody have any more insight on one tuner vs the other? Thanks
Cummins90
I made it to triple digits!
Vehicle Year: 1996
Vehicle Make: Jeep
Vehicle Model: Cherokee

Re: HP Tuners or Holley

Post by Cummins90 »

What year and model vehicle? Does it have the stock ecu in it?
Drooque

Post by Drooque »

Well, that why I am asking. I am looking for a donor jeep to build a retromod AMC Gremlin. There is a 2004 Grand Cherokee that I can get tomorrow, but I will hold out if it's better to get a 2000 or some other year (the guy want's too much for it anyway).
Cummins90
Vehicle Year: 1996
Vehicle Make: Jeep
Vehicle Model: Cherokee

Post by Cummins90 »

The 04 grand cherokee should have a JTEC+ ECU like the TJs. I guess you could port the 0331 head if you are dead set on the 04 engine. A 96 to 99 complete swap is tunable with hp tuners. You could use a 91 to 95 engine and outfit it with obd2 harness and sensors.

For hp tuners you get the mpvi2 module, set up an account and register your device. Then buy credits to unlock the ecu. HPT can datalog and tune. You can input wideband data if your laptop has an old school RS232 data com.