LEAN CODES 0171 AND 0174

Dedicated forum for all things electrical... Sometimes Electrical issues can really get you stumped! Not Stroker related.
lvnthedrm
Stroker Displacement: 4.7
Vehicle Year: 2005
Vehicle Make: jeep
Vehicle Model: unlimited

LEAN CODES 0171 AND 0174

Post by lvnthedrm »

we purchased a 2005 LJ that had a new Titan 4.7 engine with only 200 miles. it has a check engine light with P0171 and 0174
codes. Iv"e repaired several vacuum leaks and the fuel trims have improved but are still high. The engine runs fine but I think
its because fuel trims are maxed out. My question is, does the longer stroke create a lean condition? I feel as though i"m reaching
for the stars here but I"m really frustrated and don"t know where to look. Here is a list that"s been done.
Brake Booster
Fuel pump
Injector o-rings
throttle body
exhaust manifolds
evap purge solenoid
I don"t know anything about the Jeep previous to our purchase. it may of had a check engine problem before. The fuel trims are
higher at idle and this points to vacuum leak. Iv"e sprayed the engine with brake clean when cold and get nothing. It always sets the
code when the engine is cold at idle. I figure that"s when the O2 sensors are starting to come online. Any help would be appreciated on this
problem.
Desertau
Stroker Displacement: 4.6L
Vehicle Year: 2006
Vehicle Make: Jeep
Vehicle Model: Wrangler R

Re: LEAN CODES 0171 AND 0174

Post by Desertau »

Hi, I’m new here but have had my stroker for a couple years now. I spent the first year after the stroker was installed (I live in an HOA) chasing problems overheating, misfires, a host of MILs. I had to replace all the sensors Mopar for most, NGK/NTK/Mopar O2 I’m told are the same for O2 but I’ve had trouble with other than the overpriced Mopar in fact I’m dealing with lean and slow to respond o2 codes now after putting in 4 new Napa NTK sensors my smog test is due I had a code, I also had loose and missing ground straps and vacuum leaks, finally I got a smoke tester off Amazon and found the intake manifold was loose the install shop I guess had trouble accessing the bolts. I it took it to a different shop it was an all day job I understand removing the front fenders makes things a lot easier. Of all the aftermarket tools off Amazon I think the smoke tester was the most valuable to me. I also added a wide band O2 sensor on bank 1 along with a capable scan tool from the local parts shop… I use that a lot.
Desertau
Stroker Displacement: 4.6L
Vehicle Year: 2006
Vehicle Make: Jeep
Vehicle Model: Wrangler R

Re: LEAN CODES 0171 AND 0174

Post by Desertau »

I’m going to start a new thread for my issues, but it is going in the direction of a short somewhere in the o2/emissions vehicle wiring harness. If you need access to year specific shop manuals take a spin over to the Jeep wrangler tj forum and scroll down the menu lists to the resources section and in there is much helpful information including detailed vehicle year specific service manuals.not to say it’s better for you than the information here this is stroker specific and the little I’ve looked around I’m really impressed wish I’d joined here sooner.