ppl with renix 4.6 stroker. need your help

Newbies, and basic Stroker Recipes... Get started with your first stroker here!!
90cherokeexj

ppl with renix 4.6 stroker. need your help

Post by 90cherokeexj »

alright i dont know a lot about motors but all my buddy's do. basically i have a stock 4.0 as of now. i want to do a 4.6 stroker. but idk what i all need to do/get. thats where hopefully you guys come in. what do i all need. i know all new engine internals, but wat did you guys use for your's. id like to also like to a bigger cam and injectors. but idk what size id need. or is there any way i could but a bigger crank shaft and stuff like that in it but not actually bore the motor/new pistons. i think my friend was saying you can take a chevy 350. throw in 400 crank shaft and you end up with like a 383. idk i could be wrong though. if you guys could make a list of what i all need or what you used that would be awsome. also depending on how much time you got on your hand link to the product would also be greatly appreciated
Boilermaker
Donator
Donator

Re: ppl with renix 4.6 stroker. need your help

Post by Boilermaker »

First off, welcome to the site....
if you guys could make a list of what i all need or what you used that would be awsome. also depending on how much time you got on your hand link to the product would also be greatly appreciated
I might be wrong, but i don't think anybody is going to do all your research for you. Its not that everyone around here isn't helpful, they definitely are. At the very least you probably want to post up what your goals are (is your XJ going to be used as a rock crawler, daily driver, drag strip, etc.) and then what your budget is.

A few months ago i was where you are now, I knew very little about engines beyond the basics. I started reading the FAQs section in the Stroker Basics Forum. Then i read the project threads; the ones that seemed to apply to my build more than once. Most of the project threads have parts lists in there...and a lot of people have their build specs in their signatures. Also check out Dino's (Cheromaniac on here) 4.0L performance website.
1992 MJ Eliminator
Stroker in progress: Lunati Cam, Diamond Pistons, 4.0L Rods, 4wt Crankshaft 3727 Casting, Clifford Ceramic Coated Header,
99+ Intake, 62mm Throttle Body, 24# Ford Injectors
SilverXJ
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Stroker Displacement: 4.6L
Vehicle Year: 2000
Vehicle Make: Jeep
Vehicle Model: Cherokee

Post by SilverXJ »

Take a look at the various threads in the "Projects" forum. I know I have a fairly complete list and so do some others. And do your research.
Cheromaniac
I live here
I live here
Stroker Displacement: 4563cc
Vehicle Year: 1992
Vehicle Make: Jeep
Vehicle Model: Cherokee

Post by Cheromaniac »

90cherokeexj wrote:alright i dont know a lot about motors but all my buddy's do. basically i have a stock 4.0 as of now. i want to do a 4.6 stroker. but idk what i all need to do/get. thats where hopefully you guys come in. what do i all need. i know all new engine internals, but wat did you guys use for your's. id like to also like to a bigger cam and injectors. but idk what size id need. or is there any way i could but a bigger crank shaft and stuff like that in it but not actually bore the motor/new pistons. i think my friend was saying you can take a chevy 350. throw in 400 crank shaft and you end up with like a 383. idk i could be wrong though. if you guys could make a list of what i all need or what you used that would be awsome. also depending on how much time you got on your hand link to the product would also be greatly appreciated
Take a look arond my Jeep 4.0L performance site and my 4.6L stroker build-up site. You'll find the answers to most of your questions.
1992 XJ 4.6 I6 - 5MT - Stroker build-up, Stroker "recipes" Sold
1995 Mustang GT - 4AT - Modded Sold
2006 Mustang GT - 5MT - Modded Midlife Crisis Car :mrgreen: