Jeep stroker for 1936 Dodge Sedan

Project vehicle blogs or "mod diary" specific threads only.. Pics encouraged!!
northline76
Vehicle Year: 2001
Vehicle Make: Jeep
Vehicle Model: Cherokee

Re: Jeep stroker for 1936 Dodge Sedan

Post by northline76 »

John-

Who are you having do your machine work? I live in Gloucester VA, and I am doing a 4.6 for my jeep and I am having a hard time finding a local machine shop to do the work that I would find trustworthy. Thanks and good luck!
johnhalabama
I think I'll order a "tab"
Stroker Displacement: 4.7
Vehicle Year: 1936
Vehicle Make: Dodge
Vehicle Model: D2 Sedan

Post by johnhalabama »

northline76 wrote:John-

Who are you having do your machine work? I live in Gloucester VA, and I am doing a 4.6 for my jeep and I am having a hard time finding a local machine shop to do the work that I would find trustworthy. Thanks and good luck!
Abacus Machine Shop. http://www.abacusracing.com/engineshop.htm

My best friend went to school with the guys that own it. Everyone I know around this area uses them. They have a Dyno also.

I was in Gloucester last weekend on the RV. Not too far up the road.

Good luck.
John
TurboTom
I made it to triple digits!
I made it to triple digits!

Post by TurboTom »

Cool hotrod!
Remember, Sometimes I post after drinking!
1979 AMC Spirit
Building a Turbo 2.5
I am not very smart!
johnhalabama

Post by johnhalabama »

Dates are wrong on the photos. Changed the batteries in the cam 3-6-10

Finally got my welder up and going and got busy this weekend. Got the motor mounts welded in so I can pull the engine and start tearing it down in the next week or two.

I'm thinking seriously about using the KB pistons with the long rods. I'll probably start p&p the head in the next week or so also.

I'll have some questions for you guys here soon about a good high rpm cam choice once I figure out my tire size/gear ratio. (904 auto 1:1 final, 3:27 or 3:55 rear in an Explorer 8.8 limited slip, 28-30" tires x 10 wide) Shooting for 2500 rpm @ 60-65mph. 2.5" duals with flowmasters out the side. I plan on pulling a 800-900lb teardrop trailer. I want something choppy that has good mid to upper range and plan on running 9:1 to 9.5:1. Any thoughts on a good cam?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
johnhalabama

Post by johnhalabama »

Picked up a set of Clifford Performance split headers for the stroker motor. Getting close to finishing my frame so I can get it over to Abacus Racing to start on the machine work. (Yeah, I know it's not a jeep.... thats coming later)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
johnhalabama

Picking up new toy this weekend

Post by johnhalabama »

Ok, still working on the stroker motor for the 36 Dodge but I am picking up a new toy this weekend. 96 Cherokee. Same year engine as going in the 36. New tires, engine, trans, rebuilt diff's & cherry bomb muffler. Got a pretty solid drive train. Going Sat. am to pick it up. Going to be a good weekend.

Chesapeake, VA
John
superj
Donator
Donator
Stroker Displacement: 4.5
Vehicle Year: 1987
Vehicle Make: jeep
Vehicle Model: wrangler

Post by superj »

if you want that car to fly when you are done, move to a larger cfm carb. the 390 is for a stock motor. i have a 450cfm holley four barrel on mine and a buddy has a 600cfm on his and his flies by mine when we line them up
We broke something, I think it was traction.
johnhalabama

Post by johnhalabama »

turns out that jeep was beat to hell. Ended up looking at a couple of more and getting this one instead.

Yeah I had heard the 450 & 600's do better. The 390 is the right CFM rating for it but on a dyno the others have made more power. I had a buddy buy a brand new one and got it for almost nothing with the transmission so have to upgrade a little later and see what the difference is. Thanks for the advice.

John