Exos's build

Project vehicle blogs or "mod diary" specific threads only.. Pics encouraged!!
Exos
Consistent
Consistent
Stroker Displacement: 4.7L
Vehicle Year: 1998
Vehicle Make: Jeep
Vehicle Model: XJ

Re: Exos's build

Post by Exos »

And next time I remove the cover, I won't need to do RTV again.... And FYI, It's very clean,... I'm not a slob.
gradon
Donator
Donator
Stroker Displacement: 4.6/280ci
Vehicle Year: 1996
Vehicle Model: Cherokee

Post by gradon »

:lol:
SilverXJ
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Stroker Displacement: 4.6L
Vehicle Year: 2000

Post by SilverXJ »

No, because its from Hesco, the people that designed the spacer. I didn't come up with them on my own, however they do work better than what you did. Once you seal the spacer to the head you don't have to move it. And what studs does the gasket need to be modified for? If you are talking about the locating studs they are not needed.
Exos
Consistent
Consistent
Stroker Displacement: 4.7L
Vehicle Year: 1998
Vehicle Model: XJ

Post by Exos »

I'm using ARP chevy small block studs for my head. They are quite longer than the oem bolts, and they interfere with the steel cross-braces of the gasket, on the passenger side, inside cover.

My darn harmonic balancer quit on me yesterday, after a little more than a year. I bought it new when I assembled the engine. Made in China. However, the replacement I bought is also made in China, despite it's Dorman. I hope this one will last longer. I'm wondering if the added torque had anything to do with the failure. I had to drive about half a mile without a water pump.... I also hope it did not overheat too much. When I stopped, the temp indicator just had reached the redline. I'm going to my workplace where the truck is to replace the balancer this afternoon.
92tank
I made it to triple digits!
I made it to triple digits!
Stroker Displacement: 4.5
Vehicle Year: 1992

Post by 92tank »

i have also had an issue with the harmonic balancer. it might be all the extra power and torque. but i have also snapped a 2 belts has anyone else had this problem?