It's ALIVE!!!

Performance mods and Advanced Stroker discussion.
Muad'Dib
Site Admin / Owner
Site Admin / Owner
Stroker Displacement: 4.7L
Vehicle Year: 1990
Vehicle Make: Jeep
Vehicle Model: Cherokee

Re: It's ALIVE!!!

Post by Muad'Dib »

crustodd wrote:Hey all,
Here's a little update. I just read an article in Popular Science, I think, on a performance build they did on a new Challenger. They used the Pulsar plugs. I thought it sounded interesting and they're money back guaranteed. Nothin' to lose. I installed them as per their instructions and...MY STROKER RAN LIKE TOTAL CRAP!!! :bs: Rough, stumbly, bad idle, felt like dead cylinders. Didn't even leave the driveway. I called their tech line and they said to pull and check each plug and try to figure out which ones "were bad"!!! $25.00 a piece and I got "bad" ones. Three or four of the six looked like they were wet and/or fouled. I put my rc9 Champions back in and it was right back to nice and smooth. I had disconnected the neg. side of the battery as they suggest, "to clear the memory" of the computer. Does this work on an OBDI? Anyway, it ran a little odd after it was back with the Champions. But now it seems to have smoothed out. Why might it have left over effects after the correct plugs were in? Anyway, I have now had a bad experience with these plugs. Anyone else?

T~
Our jeeps dont tend to like any plugs other than standard champion, or OE equivalent. Seems your finding the same results.
If it feels right, then STROKE it!
You're lucky that hundred shot of CAPS LOCK didn't blow the welds on the forum!!
SilverXJ
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Stroker Displacement: 4.6L
Vehicle Year: 2000
Vehicle Model: Cherokee

Post by SilverXJ »

I took a hard look at using those Pulsar plugs some time ago and after hours and hours of reading I came to the conclusion that they are BS.

As for clearing the memory I have always disconnected the negative then touched it to the positive for 30 seconds and I know that works. There is a method where you have to turn your lights on but I think that is BS as well.
crustodd
Donator
Donator
Stroker Displacement: 284
Vehicle Year: 1994
Vehicle Model: XJ

Post by crustodd »

Okay, so I took the Pulstar plugs back today. Got the refund and a fresh set of the Champion rc12's. I currently have the rc9's in, which look good color wise, but when I changed to them from the rc12s the engine seems to run stumbly above about 4500 rpms. Is there a plug in between these two? Why would the factory rc12's run too hot? What is it about the Pulstars or other varieties of plugs that make them not work in our engines? A technical explanation, anyone?

T~
Mgardiner1
Donator
Donator
Stroker Displacement: 284 CI

Post by Mgardiner1 »

My stroker runs tits on NGK's....
oletshot wrote:....and silvolites are only cast not hypericantspellits. :-)