Sourcing main bearing cap bolts

For all non stroker / performance related problems and discussion.
MunkMaster
Donator
Donator
Vehicle Year: 1996
Vehicle Model: Cherokee

Sourcing main bearing cap bolts

Post by MunkMaster »

Does anyone know where I can buy factory main bearing cap bolts/studs and nuts that will let me retain the factory girdle ( I am not here to debate if the girdle will help or not) part number mopar 6035207. Dealer is discontinued and I am having a hard time finding them. Numbers 5 and 12 on the picture.

Thanks in advance.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Netpackrat
Learning to use the board
Vehicle Year: 2001
Vehicle Make: Jeep
Vehicle Model: TJ

Re: Sourcing main bearing cap bolts

Post by Netpackrat »

I couldn't find them either. Near as I could tell, you have to choose between retaining the girdle with used main bolts, or upgrading to ARP hardware but losing the girdle. I ended up choosing the latter but I wasn't really happy with the options.
Russ Pottenger
Strong Poster
Strong Poster
Stroker Displacement: 4.7
Vehicle Year: 2000
Vehicle Model: Cherokee

Post by Russ Pottenger »

In 99% of our Stroker builds there’s absolutely no reason that you have to deviate from the OEM style main bolts with the possible exception being boosted applications.

The biggest advantage of main studs in their proper application is because of the fine thread, and because of that you will have a greater clamping force on the main cap. Because of that be sure you double check your main housing bores and be prepared for the possibility of having to align bore the mains in your block
Netpackrat
Vehicle Year: 2001
Vehicle Model: TJ

Post by Netpackrat »

I had my mains align honed. When I was doing my research, it seemed to me that the two most valid configurations were to either retain all stock parts and add clearance spacers for the girdle, or to go with the arp studs and scat rods, and forget the girdle, which is what I did. It's certainly overkill for my build. They probably would have been fine but I didn't want to re-use main bolts that already had 180k miles of use on them.