my actual build list jeep 4.0l non stroker

Project vehicle blogs or "mod diary" specific threads only.. Pics encouraged!!
BeRadicle
I think I'll order a "tab"
Vehicle Year: 1992
Vehicle Make: JEEP
Vehicle Model: Grand YJ

Re: my actual build list jeep 4.0l non stroker

Post by BeRadicle »

well it runs, and it runs well. feels pretty torquey. not a super smooth motor but not overly harsh vibrations either. not too shabby for about 1700$ cad all in.
BeRadicle
Vehicle Year: 1992
Vehicle Make: JEEP
Vehicle Model: Grand YJ

Re: my actual build list jeep 4.0l non stroker

Post by BeRadicle »

well, here's an update. motor runs awesome. had to cut the tab on the distributor and bring it 4 degrees over to make the computer happy and give me ignition signal. all because the way they ground the cam to align with the distributor gear on the lunati 63500. what a pain. :doh: had some overheating issues on initial break in. 2 core was clogged with rust I think. had it up to 230F and shut down twice, total of 12 minutes I think. got a new rad and a fan shroud and started again. broke in the rest of the way with no issues. driven about 40l of 89 octain through it. oil pressure is holding steady at 18-20 psi at 210 degrees, 10w30 with 1200ppm zddp. popped an old brake line and was laid up for a week. now the reason I am posting. I have developed a noise, it is intermittent, and I think it is present when hot.

https://www.facebook.com/story.php?stor ... ef=m_notif

i am thinking either the used old harmonic balancer, the used old fan clutch. or the cam bolt spacing is too wide giving the cam too much end play. will be investigating soon. chime in with your thoughts.

thanks