Stroker Builds

Newbies, and basic Stroker Recipes... Get started with your first stroker here!!
Craigwhite73
Stroker Displacement: 4.6
Vehicle Year: 1989
Vehicle Make: Jeep
Vehicle Model: Cherokee

Stroker Builds

Post by Craigwhite73 »

I am not trying to take anything away from anybody, but take what knowledge you can from this website and go to YOUR machine shop of preference. Tell them what YOU want and they will tell you the "ins" and "outs" of what they are willing to do. My guy has built countless strokers, (dirt track engines) all V-8's, but not the first L6. I had total confidence in him when he said " What crank do I need to use". Educate yourself, know what you want, and get it built.
Wes Hawkins
Stroker Displacement: 4.7
Vehicle Year: 1988

Re: Stroker Builds

Post by Wes Hawkins »

Did you build a stroker for your 89? I built one from a 94 and put it in my 88 cherokee. Worked great for 8 thousand miles until I noticed some tapping. Piston skirts wiped out. Did the short stroke version now I working with Russ on why it did it and he working with me on. Along stroke version. Wish I had known about him 5 years ago, I might not be in this situation having to redue it.
Wes.
Wes Hawkins
Stroker Displacement: 4.7
Vehicle Year: 1988

Re: Stroker Builds

Post by Wes Hawkins »

Got all my parts from Russ and got my stroker back together and installed in my 88 Cherokee. Runs great! Big thank you goes out to Russ Pottenger for all his help on this.
Wes.