KB pistons

Performance mods and Advanced Stroker discussion.
gradon
Donator
Donator
Stroker Displacement: 4.6/280ci
Vehicle Year: 1996
Vehicle Make: Jeep
Vehicle Model: Cherokee

Re: KB pistons

Post by gradon »

Well I held out as long as possible for these, but I will be ordering a Sealed Power piston set today. I just got off the phone with KB and the customer service told me they'd be shipped out tomorrow and then transfered me to Tech and they said due to minor machining issues, they won't be shipped out until the middle of next week and confirmed the high price that Summit was charging. My brother returns to the Middle East next Friday, so it's more important for me to have him be a part of the build than to have a better rod/piston setup. They pretty much told me to contact Jeg's and Summit to place orders, FYI.
Flash
I love JeepStrokers.com!!

Post by Flash »

gradon wrote:Well I held out as long as possible for these, but I will be ordering a Sealed Power piston set today. I just got off the phone with KB and the customer service told me they'd be shipped out tomorrow and then transfered me to Tech and they said due to minor machining issues, they won't be shipped out until the middle of next week and confirmed the high price that Summit was charging. My brother returns to the Middle East next Friday, so it's more important for me to have him be a part of the build than to have a better rod/piston setup. They pretty much told me to contact Jeg's and Summit to place orders, FYI.
You mite be the same boat with Sealed Power. Better make sure they have some in stock before you jump the boat. :!:

Flash
89 XJ with 300,000 on the original eng

"I've also never completed a motor, yet. My mouth (fingers) is also writing checks my ass can't cash."
gradon
Donator
Donator

Post by gradon »

I had a line on some h825cp30s a few days ago for a guy in Finland. I'll find out if they're still available. SCR with those and block decked .030" is gonna be 10.1:1 and DCR 8.5:1, so that is pushing the prem gas edge.
John
Stroker Displacement: 4.6

Post by John »

Gradon, you might check with your NAPA dealer, I found a few sets of them were at a distribution center recently. If they are still there, that would be 1 or 2 days out. By the way :cheers: for the effort with your brothers involvement, I remember a leave from Vietnam a long time ago. :cheers:
John
gradon
Donator
Donator

Post by gradon »

He's(Nick) the one who provided the crank that I traded for a 4-weight and he found the recon'd/shot-peened 4.2 rods a couple days ago(he was gonna do a turbo-stroker two or so years ago--I'm the one that got him hooked on XJs), and he delayed his leave to coincide with my build, so that's why I'm going with the Sealed Powers, to make it happen. My other brother, Andrew, works at AA and has been getting me the 20% discount on parts, so kudos to him as well. Now I have to lock down the machinist for Tues/Wed so the blockwork can get done.