New Member (Wanting to buy a stroker motor)

Newbies, and basic Stroker Recipes... Get started with your first stroker here!!
99jeepxj
Vehicle Year: 1999
Vehicle Make: Jeep
Vehicle Model: Xj

New Member (Wanting to buy a stroker motor)

Post by 99jeepxj »

Hey everyone I've been doing some research and want to drop a stroker in my 99 XJ. My mods include a 6.5" lift kit, 33s, monstaliner on half the body, Napier v2 flares, jcr tail light housings with truck lite leds, warn front bumper, warrior rear bumper, warn rock sliders,62 mm throttle body, intake, 2.5" cat back exhaust, apn header, sye kit, some fancy lights and some other stuff I'm missing. I'd like to upgrade to a stroker motor and regear/ possibly lock my front atleast for now. I drive on the road and trails in PA. Thanks for letting me be a member. What's everyone running for bought stroker motors? I've read terrible reviews about Titan motors and was looking into the golen 4.6. Anyone shoot me in the right direction with a motor. I'd build my own but I want the warranty that comes with the build motor.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Cheromaniac
I live here
I live here
Stroker Displacement: 4563cc
Vehicle Year: 1992
Vehicle Model: Cherokee

Re: New Member (Wanting to buy a stroker motor)

Post by Cheromaniac »

99jeepxj wrote:I'd build my own but I want the warranty that comes with the build motor.
The warranty is meaningless if you run into problems and need to pay someone to pull the engine for you, and then pay shipping costs to send it back to the original engine builder. Just buy a junkyard motor and have it built locally. Talk to Russ Pottenger about what parts you'll need and discuss a plan that'll fit your budget. If you live anywhere near CA, he could even build the engine for you.
1992 XJ 4.6 I6 - 5MT - Stroker build-up, Stroker "recipes" Sold
1995 Mustang GT - 4AT - Modded Sold
2006 Mustang GT - 5MT - Modded Midlife Crisis Car :mrgreen:
99jeepxj
Vehicle Year: 1999
Vehicle Model: Xj

Post by 99jeepxj »

I don't mind putting the engine in or pulling it myself but I don't have the skills to build my own. I live in PA. I sent Russ a message he's getting me a quote on a complete motor build. He already got me one on parts but I can't find a machine shop to do the work.
SkylinesSuck
Donator
Donator
Stroker Displacement: 4.6L
Vehicle Year: 1998
Vehicle Model: Wrangler

Post by SkylinesSuck »

Where in PA are you?
fire4755
Vehicle Year: 1995
Vehicle Model: Cherokee

Post by fire4755 »

also looking for a good shop in PA.