Specs help!!! Stroker in progress

Newbies, and basic Stroker Recipes... Get started with your first stroker here!!
crustodd
Donator
Donator
Stroker Displacement: 284
Vehicle Year: 1994
Vehicle Make: Jeep
Vehicle Model: XJ

Specs help!!! Stroker in progress

Post by crustodd »

Hey all,
I am in the process of building my stoker. I am going with the 258 crank, 4.0 rods, and the KB pistons, .30 or .60 over, not sure. I am having the head ported, big valves, bench flowed, and CCed. It looks like it will fall somewhere between the Dino's low buck and the mid buck "recipe". Can anyone suggest the proper CC volume for this combo? I like the Engle cam route, as it sound like they will profile it for your build. Suggested cam specs, anyone? Will I be able to use 24# injectors work with this set up? Will my bored 62MM FastMan TB be big enough for this? I will be taking it to UniChip for a chip upgrade/tuning as soon as the break in miles are complete. I want to do this ONCE CORRECTLY

Thank sincerely for any and all assistance,

Todd
John
I love JeepStrokers.com!!
Stroker Displacement: 4.6

Re: Specs help!!! Stroker in progress

Post by John »

First, what is the end use of this motor when built, DD, race, mud, sand trail only.... I do not recommend boring more than you need to, if .030 will do it, there will really be a small gain in going .060 overbore. Too many blocks will have .060 as the max bore. You mention big valves, how big? Cam spec will depend on end use, piston CC will be related to DCR acceptable to the fuel grade you find acceptable. 24# injectors will be fine unless you are going forced induction. With KB pistons chosen, you know the cc of those to start with, use the calculator available and start substituting the specs for the different camshafts out there and see what changes they make in the power band and power levels is a good way to start, If we knew more about your use for the motor, we can make more suggestions.
John

Edited to add that you didn't mention balancing the rotating assembly.
crustodd
Donator
Donator

Post by crustodd »

Hey Jeepers,
My XJ is my DD. When it's off road it's either sand or trail. I DON'T beat on it. I do drive it aggressively. The valves will be the next applicable size above stock, I think. I always run premium fuel and I've found I usually get better MPG as a result. John, pardon my nOOb ignorance, where is the calculator you wrote of?

Todd
1bolt
Donator
Donator

Post by 1bolt »

Moving this over to Stroker basics area
--
Simon
Looking for a 232 crankshaft see my want ad: http://www.jeepstrokers.com/forum/viewt ... =17&t=1292
http://www.jeepstrokers.com 94 XJ Stroked lifted locked. 89 MJ restored Work truck, 88 YJ going on third build up and second Stroker.
crustodd
Donator
Donator

Post by crustodd »

Yes, this will be balanced as well
Flash

Post by Flash »

crustodd wrote:Hey Jeepers,
My XJ is my DD. When it's off road it's either sand or trail. I DON'T beat on it. I do drive it aggressively. The valves will be the next applicable size above stock, I think. I always run premium fuel and I've found I usually get better MPG as a result. John, pardon my nOOb ignorance, where is the calculator you wrote of?

Todd
At the top of the page you will see this........RSS Donate to Us FAQ Stroker CR Calculator Rules Members

Click on the "Stroker CR Calculator". then play around with it for a while........You will get a much better grasp, and its
kinda fun as well.

Flash
89 XJ with 300,000 on the original eng

"I've also never completed a motor, yet. My mouth (fingers) is also writing checks my ass can't cash."