Found a 91 4.0 HO motor, so it starts.

Newbies, and basic Stroker Recipes... Get started with your first stroker here!!
cuban11182
Learning to use the board

Found a 91 4.0 HO motor, so it starts.

Post by cuban11182 »

Well I'm at Academi training for my deployment and ran across a 91 high Output 4 liter. If everything works out I'll have it waiting for me when I return to start my project. Still have a bunch to learn, but a year deployment will give me plenty of time to research.
cuban11182

Re: Found a 91 4.0 HO motor, so it starts.

Post by cuban11182 »

Whelp, here she is:

Time to start learning.
Cheromaniac
I live here
I live here
Stroker Displacement: 4563cc
Vehicle Year: 1992
Vehicle Make: Jeep
Vehicle Model: Cherokee

Post by Cheromaniac »

Either someone's washed that engine thoroughly before dropping it in the back of your truck, or it has been very well cared for by its former owner.
I'm sure you'll have it looking sexier once it's built into a stroker though, and there's plenty of us around to guide you through that process.
Have fun. I know I did when I built mine 11 years ago (has it really been that long already?).
1992 XJ 4.6 I6 - 5MT - Stroker build-up, Stroker "recipes" Sold
1995 Mustang GT - 4AT - Modded Sold
2006 Mustang GT - 5MT - Modded Midlife Crisis Car :mrgreen:
cuban11182

Post by cuban11182 »

Thanks for the reply. I'm still going to plan on doing a lower compression ratio so I can run a carburetor setup. Once I get some time I'm going to sit down and figure out the formulas and what I'll need to buy. I'll probably take the simple route and piece this kit together, or buy it outright as a kit.

The jeep was in great shape and the lady purchased it to part out as she needed some parts for her XJ. You can tell whoever had it before her took really good care of it though. I'll just have to see where I get stationed next and go from there.

I'm actually headed to your neck of the woods (Bahrain) for a year. Looking forward to the over 100 degree heat most of the year! :shock: :shock: