Does manual tj has TCM ?

For all non stroker / performance related problems and discussion.
3losh07
Vehicle Year: 2000
Vehicle Make: jeep
Vehicle Model: tj

Does manual tj has TCM ?

Post by 3losh07 »

Engine light went on and i got these codes in the pic

O2 sensors malfunctioned because the pervious owner installed loacl headers and complete exhust system without catalytic converter , i am plaining to install magna flow spunk catalytic and i hope i will be able to solve o2 sensors problems

P1491 -- because pervious owner cancelled mechanic fan and installed electrical volvo fan instead , fan working fine but i do not know how to solve this
P0118 -- i think thermostat malfunctioned
P0500 -- harness issue

MY CONCERN IS ABOUT p0443 and p1689 , i am not yelling here but trying to highlight the main issue :mrgreen:
P1689 -- i searched for TCM in my car but couldont find it , i do nit know if my car is equipped with ine from factory or not
P0443 -- i think this because a circle box on driver side near to headlight , i do not know it's name, went broken and could not find a new one

Any help would be apperciated

My jeep is a tj 2000 model shara 6 clyinder with manual transmission Ax15
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
SilverXJ
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Stroker Displacement: 4.6L
Vehicle Make: Jeep
Vehicle Model: Cherokee

Re: Does manual tj has TCM ?

Post by SilverXJ »

There are two descriptions for P1698. The one is the transmission, the other is
P1698 No CCD Messages Received From PCM Bus communication failure to PCM. A "Companion DTC" was set in both the ECM and PCM.
I would check the wiring harness since you seemed to indicate a problem with it.
P0443 (M) Evap Purge Solenoid Circuit An open or shorted condition detected in the EVAP purge solenoid control circuit
It is called an EVAP purge solenoid. A mechanic/ good part store monkey could have told you what the broken one was.

P0118: No, if the engine temp went so high as to send the sensor out of range the engine would be damaged. Check the sensor and wiring.

That is a lot of codes for just one time that the engine light went on.

P1491: The does the Volvo fan run all the time, like the PO bypassed the stock wiring, or does it come on at a certain temp? How is it wired in?
3losh07
Vehicle Make: jeep
Vehicle Model: tj

Re: Does manual tj has TCM ?

Post by 3losh07 »

SilverXJ wrote:There are two descriptions for P1698. The one is the transmission, the other is
P1698 No CCD Messages Received From PCM Bus communication failure to PCM. A "Companion DTC" was set in both the ECM and PCM.
I would check the wiring harness since you seemed to indicate a problem with it.
P0443 (M) Evap Purge Solenoid Circuit An open or shorted condition detected in the EVAP purge solenoid control circuit
It is called an EVAP purge solenoid. A mechanic/ good part store monkey could have told you what the broken one was.

P0118: No, if the engine temp went so high as to send the sensor out of range the engine would be damaged. Check the sensor and wiring.

That is a lot of codes for just one time that the engine light went on.

P1491: The does the Volvo fan run all the time, like the PO bypassed the stock wiring, or does it come on at a certain temp? How is it wired in?

Yes it is evap purge solenoid , i could not find a new one.

Temp went so high and coolant water was boiling in the reservoir , so i took themostar out and the temp went down . I will change thermostate First and cheak again .

And the fan The PO bypassed the factory wiring and made it run all the time . Wiring in is a little bit complicated , he used a seperate relay and connected positive and negative wires between the relay and battery and also starter relay
If you intersted , i will explain it further