4 barrel carb manifold

For all non stroker / performance related problems and discussion.
jeepxj3
Movin on up ^
Movin on up ^
Stroker Displacement: 4.6
Vehicle Year: 1998
Vehicle Make: jeep
Vehicle Model: xj

4 barrel carb manifold

Post by jeepxj3 »

Does anyone have any experience with a 4 barrel carb manifold and carb? What size carb?
Does anyone have one for sale?

Another project and direction.
str8-6
I think I'll order a "tab"
I think I'll order a "tab"
Stroker Displacement: 4.7
Vehicle Year: 2012
Vehicle Make: Hot Rod
Vehicle Model: T-27

Re: 4 barrel carb manifold

Post by str8-6 »

Hi!

I do use a 4 barrel carb and intake: Offenhauser Dual Port (but the "dual part" is milled away) and a 600 vac. Holley,carb probably to big but it works the way I use my car,it's a T-27 Roadster around 1850-1900 pounds with a stroker,was a 4.5l but I'm building a 4.7 right now and with that displcement the carb will fit the engine a bit better,not that it's working bad as is but a 600 probably works better in a 284 cu.in. engine than a 276 cu.in.

I think the dualport is quite good on a stock or slightly "improved" engine since the smaller ports for the primarys keep the velocity up and when the secondary's opens they got there own ports to travel in,Offenhauser states that the high velocity in the small primary ports helps to pull fuel in from the bigger secondary ports,it's a old intake but can still be bought from (among others) Summit Racing and then there is a intake manifold made by Clifford Performance

I think thats it on whats availeble for the AMC/Jeep Inline. Most people use a Holley 390 cfm carb,Clifford always recommends a Weber 2 barrel,but that's not anything that would work for me despite the fact that I like Weber carbs a lot,very commonly used here in Sweden on rally-cars most used is the Weber DCOE/DCO 45/48/50/55 depending on engine-size,my next project when the engine is done will be a intake manifold for 3 Weber 44 or 48 IDF carbs (dirtcheap from China "Yeah I know..."),I think it will look good with 3 dualport carb with stacks standing in a row,and the tunability of Webers will make any Holley blush...
IH 392
I love JeepStrokers.com!!
I love JeepStrokers.com!!

Post by IH 392 »

I've run the OEM AMC 4bbl intake and header, a Carter 500cfm AFB sits on top of it.
You can get more power out of ANY engine!!!
ASE Master certified engine machinist, gas and diesel
stroked'73
Making Progress
Making Progress
Stroker Displacement: 4.6L
Vehicle Year: 1973
Vehicle Make: Jeep
Vehicle Model: Wagoneer

Post by stroked'73 »

I know I'm late to the party, but I also run a Offy dualport, but with a quadrajet carb. Work great and is not overcarbbed. I get good mileage on the highway and idle around offroad all day if i want to. And if i wanna make some noise, i can do that too!
1973 Jeep Wagoneer - 4.6L basic stroker, Q-jet/Offy dualport, Comp 68-231, .043" HG, 9.79 scr/8.56 dcr, crappy quench