1993 4.0L Running Rich

For all non stroker / performance related problems and discussion.
Legospud
Stroker Displacement: ?
Vehicle Year: 1897
Vehicle Make: Jeep
Vehicle Model: Wrangler

1993 4.0L Running Rich

Post by Legospud »

I have a 1993 yj stroked 4.0 liter 9.5 to 1 compression, cam nothing to radical, I think its a 254 with 115 lobe, 25 lbs injectors, The head is original just polished, original intake and throttle body and a new stainless steel header. I have finally got it to run really good, except very sluggish at low rpm's, high rpm's runs awesome very powerful. but I can tell that its running really rich and I have fouled a couple plugs in the last week. I have had suggests that I need to bring the fuel pressure down, so I need an adjustable fuel regulator, or I need a 2000 or newer intake to bring the air up. Anybody else had this problem, I need to get it right!
Thanks Chris
Cheromaniac
I live here
I live here
Stroker Displacement: 4563cc
Vehicle Year: 1992
Vehicle Model: Cherokee

Re: 1993 4.0L Running Rich

Post by Cheromaniac »

A MAP adjuster would also work for you.

http://www.angelfire.com/my/fan/MAP_adjuster.html
1992 XJ 4.6 I6 - 5MT - Stroker build-up, Stroker "recipes" Sold
1995 Mustang GT - 4AT - Modded Sold
2006 Mustang GT - 5MT - Modded Midlife Crisis Car :mrgreen:
Muad'Dib
Site Admin / Owner
Site Admin / Owner
Stroker Displacement: 4.7L
Vehicle Year: 1990
Vehicle Model: Cherokee

Re: 1993 4.0L Running Rich

Post by Muad'Dib »

Legospud wrote:I have a 1993 yj stroked 4.0 liter 9.5 to 1 compression, cam nothing to radical, I think its a 254 with 115 lobe, 25 lbs injectors, The head is original just polished, original intake and throttle body and a new stainless steel header. I have finally got it to run really good, except very sluggish at low rpm's, high rpm's runs awesome very powerful. but I can tell that its running really rich and I have fouled a couple plugs in the last week. I have had suggests that I need to bring the fuel pressure down, so I need an adjustable fuel regulator, or I need a 2000 or newer intake to bring the air up. Anybody else had this problem, I need to get it right!
Thanks Chris
Do you happen to know what your STFT value is? This may give you insight into which direction you need to take.

Large Fuel decrease = Replace Injectors
Smaller Fuel Decrease = FPR
Fine Fuel Decrease adjustments = Map Adjuster

Personally with my 4.7L im running smaller injectors than most. If your running 25# Injectors on a non-stroker, then your running larger than most here with strokers. Most run 24#. I am running 19# (with the pressure up slightly) to make then flow at 19.2#hr.
If it feels right, then STROKE it!
You're lucky that hundred shot of CAPS LOCK didn't blow the welds on the forum!!