eaton m90 on a stroker advice

Performance mods and Advanced Stroker discussion.
scooter
Vehicle Year: 1999
Vehicle Make: jeep
Vehicle Model: tj

eaton m90 on a stroker advice

Post by scooter »

Hey guys, my name is Steve. I have a 99 wrangler tj.I'm looking for some advice from those of you who have supercharged your strokers in obd2 vehicles.

My stroker is just about done being built. I have a m90 from a Pontiac that I want to put on it. The compression is going to be 8.5:1. Do I need to have my PCM re-flashed? I see some guys run the aem f/ic. Others run the split second stand alone unit. I'm looking for some advice from those of you that have first hand experience. What exactly do I need to make this run properly? What works? What doesn't? Is a wideband o2 sensor necessary?

Feel free to add anything I may be missing.

Thanks in advance,
Steve

Ps admins, I apologize if I put this in the wrong spot.
FlyinRyan
I made it to triple digits!
I made it to triple digits!

Re: eaton m90 on a stroker advice

Post by FlyinRyan »

You are going to get differing opinions, as engine management is a topic often debated here (not sure why as there is a right way, and then there's everything else)

First- an M90 is small. Creates a ton of heat on a stroker. If you're going to run one, I would port the blower and I would put the biggest throttle body/intake/air filter possible for maximum efficiency.4" tubing would be a good idea.

Beyond that....you can have a proper PCM tune with big injectors and a 2 bar MAP. Some still are manipulating things via piggyback but a PCM tune will always win over a piggyback, IMO.

A wideband (in my case when I am tuning, an innovate datalogger PN 3832) is ABSOLUTELY necessary.
Flyin' Ryan Performance
SilverXJ
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Stroker Displacement: 4.6L
Vehicle Year: 2000
Vehicle Make: Jeep
Vehicle Model: Cherokee

Post by SilverXJ »

FlyinRyan wrote:You are going to get differing opinions, as engine management is a topic often debated here (not sure why as there is a right way, and then there's everything else)
If it works and maintains a safe running engine it isn't the wrong way.
A wideband (in my case when I am tuning, an innovate datalogger PN 3832) is ABSOLUTELY necessary.
A good wideband with data logging is necessary. Some can get by with out datalogging, but I like to be able to make a run and just glance at the wideband instead of having to watch it. NGK and Daytona Sensors among others offer good units. 14point7.com offers some interesting low cost options, but I do not know of their quality.
scooter

Post by scooter »

Thanks guys.

I'm still trying to learn about engines, superchargers, etc.

Would the Innovate Motorsports LM2 (3806) be a good choice for the wideband O2 sensor?

Would the AEM F/IC work with my setup? Or would it be a waste of money?

24lb Ford injectors should be large enough. Correct?
scooter

Post by scooter »

I don't know if it matters but this jeep will be used as an all purpose vehicle. It will see a fair amount of street time. I plan on making a trip or two to the drag strip this year. And it will see lots of time in the woods (mostly rocks)