New 4.6L stroker build

Project vehicle blogs or "mod diary" specific threads only.. Pics encouraged!!
kuleinc
Stroker Displacement: 4.7L
Vehicle Year: 1998
Vehicle Make: Jeep
Vehicle Model: Cherokee

Re: New 4.6L stroker build

Post by kuleinc »

Building a stroker now. Just tore down the old one and noticed one cam lobe was going flat (lifter was starting to be concave as well). Cam Bearing for cylinder one were scored some, but so were crank and rod bearings as oil pressure was getting low. Interested in the Cam retainer thrust plate install. can't find a thread on how to install it. I've found the thrust bearing online, but no conversion how to's. Can you point me in the right direction? Would like to not have to worry about cam walk as I'm putting in a more aggressive cam with the double springs from Chrysler and roller rockers. :rockout:
SilverXJ
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Stroker Displacement: 4.6L
Vehicle Year: 2000

Post by SilverXJ »

The reataning plate just bolts on to the front of the block. I don't know if the older blocks that didn't come with the plate have any material to tap and drill for bolts.
kuleinc

Post by kuleinc »

So yours was a newer block? Mine is a 98, it has a girdle and nvh markings… is there a template?
kuleinc

Post by kuleinc »

apparently people with engines like mine put a riv-nut in the timing cover and a smooth head bolt in the cam, and put the came bolt into the cover riv-nut and set the lash that way... Neat.