4.6L Low Buck Stroker Build

Project vehicle blogs or "mod diary" specific threads only.. Pics encouraged!!
orty65
Noob
Noob
Stroker Displacement: 4.6
Vehicle Year: 1994
Vehicle Make: jeep
Vehicle Model: grand

Re: 4.6L Low Buck Stroker Build

Post by orty65 »

wjtom wrote:Thats why i asked if you primed the motor before start up? if it had good oil pressure then something failed after startup if it didnt have good oil pressure while priming then something was wrong from the beginning. This is why i always prime a motor on the engine stand.If something was left out an oil a galley plug as an example youll know before putting the motor in.With pieces that big it needs to come out again.
I did prime the oil system before starting it up and the guage was reading around 20psi when spinning the pump with a drill. I wish I had know to prime the system with it still on the engine stand, would have saved me lots of trouble haha. :cheers:
orty65
Noob
Noob
Stroker Displacement: 4.6
Vehicle Year: 1994
Vehicle Model: grand

Post by orty65 »

SilverXJ wrote:I would verify the preload.

How can I determine what the preload is? or measure it?
Did you look up at teh cam bearings? What are you using for a cam retention device?
Just using the stock pin and retention device
Is that an IR cordless impact?
It is! Good eye, its an IR 20v 1/2 cordless impact, probably one of the best tools i've ever purchaserd, worth every penny :cheers:
wjtom
I made it to triple digits!
I made it to triple digits!
Stroker Displacement: 4.7
Vehicle Year: 2001
Vehicle Model: wj

Post by wjtom »

You should see close to normal oil pressure while priming with a 1/2 inch drill.20lbs is no where near enough something was wrong from the beginning.