need replacement engine for 2000 XJ failed 4.6L

Newbies, and basic Stroker Recipes... Get started with your first stroker here!!
bandofthHawk
I think I'll order a "tab"
I think I'll order a "tab"
Stroker Displacement: 4.6
Vehicle Year: 2000
Vehicle Make: jeep
Vehicle Model: cherokee

need replacement engine for 2000 XJ failed 4.6L

Post by bandofthHawk »

in response to my thread about my incurable misfire on my 4.6, I have my disabled 2000 jeep sitting here in the driveway. Ive got another truck I drive everyday so I don't have to fix urgently, however im really wanting to get her running again. I don't want to spend thousands of dollars on machine work. theres really nothing useable left from the stroker. (see thread in advanced performance tech) im thinking about swapping in a used 4.0 if I can get something with decent compression. I don't want to grab a used 00' engine because of the 0331 head issue. ive got a 7120 head here but its in baaad shape and not usable. I already have a good intake manifold, 62mm tb, (all new sensors), flowkooler water pump, coil pack brackets for older head, banks torquetube header, new motor mounts, valve cover, accessories etc. I will most definitely be using an AW4 transmission and 242 t case. I hear mixed opinions and I need a straight answer what 4.0s would drop right in without headaches and CEL's? must I keep it 97-01 or would any older model 4.0 HO motor work (ZJ, TJ, older HO XJ??) any suggestions will be appreciated. not trying to break the bank here. just want to see her running again. thanks
the grey ghost
I made it to triple digits!
I made it to triple digits!
Stroker Displacement: 4.611
Vehicle Year: 1990
Vehicle Make: jeep
Vehicle Model: comanche

Re: need replacement engine for 2000 XJ failed 4.6L

Post by the grey ghost »

Any high output motor should work, but you'll need a matching exhaust manifold, cheap on eBay, some have minor dormant issues with the intake but they are worth the 120$