beiwulf build

Project vehicle blogs or "mod diary" specific threads only.. Pics encouraged!!
atias
Making Progress
Making Progress

Re: beiwulf build

Post by atias »

sometimes violence can be a good thing ;)
beiwulf
Donator
Donator
Stroker Displacement: 4.7Turbo soonish
Vehicle Year: 1995
Vehicle Make: ZJ
Vehicle Model: Laredo

Post by beiwulf »

On or about october 15th 2013 Brian conway called 505 performance for custom build that he was needing instruction on what way to go. After several conversations and discussions he deiced he wanted a custom motor and wanted special order built supercharger kit also. Which on my webb page and I  explained to him special orders are non refundable and built to his specifications. SEE ATTACHMENT for special orders. I had a small whipple charger that we had for sale on ebay and Brian jumped at the opportunity  to put a down payment to get his project started with this unit. He also expressed it would take several months to fund project. So i explained to him once we got some money we would start the build hardest part first which was making the supercharger fit the motor all custom. So at that point he gave us $1500 to hold supercharger and start on parts. Total build would be around 6000 to 7000 dollars.
  About thanksgiving i had only contact with him a few times as i figured he was getting his funds together, he informed me that he was having financial hard ships and he would have to put a hold on the project and that he would still like the supercharger but wanted the brackets for mounting finished, i told him that we could move forward and it would be about $350 estimate to  do the brackets but it would take several weeks. As we have paying customers to finish jobs scheduled. 
   Brian called us to see how things were going about on 1-6-2014 of the year and i discussed that we had been very far behind on some special builds and that my fabricater had been in hospital for few weeks and was out and that we were running behind that we would finish in about one week, Brian blew a gasket started telling me that he was turning us into the bbb and that he stared a forum that we had terrible service and that he was going to try to run down in forums. At this point I took defense and told him he wouldnt get anything else from us except what he paid for and it was not our problem that he couldnt finacial support his project, it became a arguing match. Im sorry that if he cannt pay for his parts or bill he no longer is a prioirty for us to finish job.

At this point i have sent supercharger to him along with a check for $440 which i attached a copy this gives him his supercharger and money for supercharger brackets that i built for jeep but he can find someone else to build brackets as i dont feel comfortable sending any products of ours to him after he has tried to get out of paying for a project that he could not afford. I do understand hardships but the special order items must be payed for thats why they are special order.
FEDEX label 797981031455

Thank you for your inquiry,
505 Performance
80 CR 3535
Flora Vista, NM 87415
505-333-2600

Complaint: 9895509

I am rejecting this response because: Inaccuracy's & Inconsistency in statement made from business and lack of facts of transaction.

Regards,

Brian Conway

The original phone call took place over about 20mins.  Zach Steele showed adequate build knowledge and at that time I felt comfortable going forward with my build with him and his business.  I expressed to Zach Steele my desire to do this is 2 phases.  1st to be the engine build itself, and 2nd to be the supercharger.  He quoted me approximately 4,500.00 for the engine build itself and another $1,000 for the supercharger and $350 for the brackets needed to install the supercharger.  At that time Zach told me he was not willing to let any details of the build go until I would commit to a deposit for the build to initialize.  I agreed to $1,500 and Mr. Steele proceeded to take my billing information.  There was an email reply within 2 business days with a receipt of transaction.  The receipt showed some different details then what I had expressed to him as how I want to proceed with my build.  2 discrepancies were as follows: The $350 originally quoted was now $400 dollars & the price was bundled together not in 2 phases as I had expressed. 

I have emails that correspond with good intentions of following through with the build and attempts to make payment arrangements.  Zach Steele has been quick to take my money and slow to follow up with my request regarding details of the build.  His customer service and communication with me as his customer has been substandard.  The 2 business replies in this BBB transaction have shown to be inconsistent as well and misleading.  The representative for 505 performance replying to these are not speaking the facts.  There was no communication with me until after several of my own attempts via the phone.  And when I was put back for a due date for project to be wrapped up in November requesting to conclude by Dec.31st 2013 no later than.  I was assured that was doable at that time.  Then pushed back again to Jan.13th 2014.  Then upon another attempt to find a ship date put off and cussed at and called a belligerent name by Zach Steele.  He expressed to me what i can go do to myself and told me he would get to my project in his own time.  I attempted on several times trying to reason with Zach Steele and politely, straight forward and as another human being.  Zach Steele has been rude and crass to me and hung up on me.  And because of Zach Steele's poor communication and general lack of wanting to work out this issue with me in a timely responsible fashion.  I do not want any product from this business and do not want to deal with Zach Steele in any business mater other then the conclusion of my refund.  Any support that he could offer is of no use to me do to his lack of integrity and his inability to service his customers in a timely fashion.

Spoke with FedEx: Domingo 
Refusal of Deliver do to untimely service and poor customer service: lack of customer support for product displayed in transaction. Speculation of Fraud
confirmation number: 0221145469

Statement given on 505Performance's website states: "Special Order Items MAY NOT BE Returned."

Several parts of this just don't match up:
My original request for my order when I gave Zach Steele money: I agreed to a 2 phases of the build and the Supercharger being the 2nd part (1st part not even completed).  How can funds from 1st phase be applied to the 2nd phase of order.
Another is Zach Steele did not Special Order the supercharger for me.  It was an item sitting in his garage per what he said for over a year.
3rd "MAY NOT BE Returned"  I never received any items from him to be returned.

I am pursuing a full refund regarding poor service and fraudulent claims on Zach Steele's part.

Fraudulent: given to or using fraud, as a person; cheating; dishonest.

and according to dictionary.com
fraud  [frawd]  Show IPA
noun
1.deceit, trickery, sharp practice, or breach of confidence, perpetrated for profit or to gain some unfair or dishonest advantage.
2.a particular instance of such deceit or trickery: mail fraud; election frauds.
3.any deception, trickery, or humbug: That diet book is a fraud and a waste of time.
4.a person who makes deceitful pretenses; sham; poseur.
95 Silver ZJ 4x4 4.0L (soon to be stroked/boosted) currently DD
1999 Victory V92 (first year production) street bike/cruiser

95 ZJ Turbo Boosted Stroker build threadhttp://www.jeepstrokers.com/forum/viewt ... f=8&t=4342
beiwulf
Donator
Donator

Post by beiwulf »

I really despise the fact that all this negative b.s. is wrapped up on this forum. It bothers me to have pursued any business transactions with Zach Steele and how he has conducted our transaction. I gave several opportunities to cut ties and let him just give me what he had done. He held onto product. He alienated himself from contact with me on several levels. Then was just a plan ass about the whole thing when trying to still resolve it after all the shit that already had gone on.

Intent to Deceive is what comes to mind when I think of Zach Steele's transaction with me.
I suspect when I called him in November to attempt to conclude whatever was started would be wrapped up. However I think that he never started any brackets. And was just pressing me to get money for a "return to stock fee" just to cut ties. No product, shitty service, and wants money for treating people like he did me.... hell no...

Zach Steele's ability to take care of his customer(s) in this case is a severe let down, and a real disappointment. I would not wish this experience on anyone to have to deal with this kind of shit, deceit, rude and general lack of business integrity.

This is a reference/learning forum

on a positive note:
Business's I have enjoyed while working on my project.
Randy from Race Tech pistons
Tom Molnar from Molnar Technologies
Yo from Contemporary Auto Machine - Huntington Beach
Joe and his brother Rudy from Castillo's Crankshaft - La Mirada
The guys at Barnett & Jeepspeed - So.Cal
Donavan Norris from Norris Racing/TRD and formerly at Cosworth
Tieson @ Clegg Engine - Utah
Jr. @ Unlimited Auto - San Pedro, CA

95 ZJ Turbo Boosted Stroker build threadhttp://www.jeepstrokers.com/forum/viewt ... f=8&t=4342
beiwulf
Donator
Donator

Post by beiwulf »

Fraudulent Claim Filed with Navy Federal on February 2014 in Local Branch Office.

Refund issued to account February 2014.

Zach Steele go take some of that useful advise you gave me and put it somewhere… where the sun don't shine. Done with this jackass.

Please Lock this thread and File it away.

beiwulf
Donator
Donator

Post by beiwulf »

ugh…. This guy…

It appears that attempts to still send me the SC unit that should never been included in the first stage of my build was the first and only thing ever scene by 505/Zach Steele.

Today after refusing the first attempted delivery from FedEx under Zach Steele's name and documented and sent to BBB and posted here. Now there was another attempt to send a SC under a different name. Don't know who Mike Odgen / Blue Adobe @ 25219 north 15th avenue in Phoenix, AZ 85085 US. But… he was nice enough to want to send me a SC via FedEx. further/more...Intent to deceive ?… possibly

Looks like a similar one that was sent from Zach Steele. The generous nature of some individuals sending such a nice package at no cost to me.

….unfortunately - I felt the need to decline this gesture not thinking it was rightfully mine to take. And under the circumstances for which it was shipped " I believe ".

The Beast
Making Progress
Making Progress
Stroker Displacement: 4.7
Vehicle Year: 1988
Vehicle Make: Jeep
Vehicle Model: Cherokee

Post by The Beast »

While your at it tell him he owes me $700 worth of heimjoints from over a year ago. I gave up trying to call him, email, etc. Lawyer's up here won't take it and the credit company said it was
too long already since the root of the dispute was when I ordered my stroker kit. The pistons and rods were .030 and I needed .060 for cleanup so I sent him back the 30's and he sent 60's up
to me. He said he wouldn't refund because of what he said was special order and offered a credit through the store instead. I said fine, about 6 months later I decided to order heimjoints
and never got those either. Every time I manage to reach him he said he will ship them but after a while I couldn't get a hold of them anymore, I'm from Canada so it'll be easy to screen my
calls from up here. I figured I painted myself into a corner here but if I ever see any of them I WILL take my $700 worth of whatever they have.

It's like pulling teeth with this guy. There were other issues as well but I won't bore you with details. Overall I won't do business with him any longer which kind of sucks because he does have
quite a few things I still want but now I either got to make them myself or find someone else that sells what I want.
My Jeep is like having a conversation with two lions, in both my ears, inside my head, from the outside.... I hear good things from them!
SilverXJ
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Stroker Displacement: 4.6L
Vehicle Year: 2000
Vehicle Make: Jeep
Vehicle Model: Cherokee

Post by SilverXJ »

The Beast wrote:While your at it tell him he owes me $700 worth of heimjoints from over a year ago.
Small claims court.
beiwulf
Donator
Donator

Post by beiwulf »

I would have no issues with contacting the New Mexico Attorney Generals office regarding his business and how he handles himself. I think he believes himself a bit of a rogue and can screw people over without repercussion. From the reply I received from filing with the CA Attorney General's office they said if multiple people bring up issues - that is when the office will take action. Let me know if you wish to have documented support regarding this issue from my personal business experience with Zach Steele.

Part of the reason this is documented here is for the support of the positive growth of jeep strokers. And helping to educate those from possible unconstructive choices towards there goals from the experience of others :nono:

Isn't that why we all come here? Guidance & knowledge that comes from the voice of experience... :ugeek: