Question on stroker for my Eagle.

Swaping 258 to 4.0, 4.0 parts to 258 etc!
1frosty
Stroker Displacement: 258
Vehicle Year: 1984
Vehicle Make: AMC
Vehicle Model: Eagle

Question on stroker for my Eagle.

Post by 1frosty »

My 84 Eagle has earned the upgrade of its drive train, am looking at the Titan stroker. Ebay listing is here. http://www.ebay.com/itm/271163581754?ss ... 1423.l2649

Anybody had any experience with these motors? Looking to replace tired 258, presently running HEI ignition that will come to new setup. Looking at rebuilt 998 trans and 119 TCase.

Any info or tips would be appreciated.

Thank you. :cheers:
Muad'Dib
Site Admin / Owner
Site Admin / Owner
Stroker Displacement: 4.7L
Vehicle Year: 1990
Vehicle Make: Jeep
Vehicle Model: Cherokee

Re: Question on stroker for my Eagle.

Post by Muad'Dib »

While most haven't gone specifically with the 258 from Titan, there are quite a few that have purchased a 4.x Stroker from them. Overall they are probably the single most frowned upon vendor with 505 performance creeping up on them quickly. Lots of issues with parts and quality control as well as support issues.
If it feels right, then STROKE it!
You're lucky that hundred shot of CAPS LOCK didn't blow the welds on the forum!!
amcinstaller
I love JeepStrokers.com!!
I love JeepStrokers.com!!
Stroker Displacement: 4.6L
Vehicle Year: 1980
Vehicle Make: AMC
Vehicle Model: Spirit

Re: Question on stroker for my Eagle.

Post by amcinstaller »

honestly id tear down your 258 and do a poor mans. if youre on the eagle nest (assuming it still exists) look up "mudkicker715"'s build, itll show you all the down and dirty of getting a 4.0 block into that eagle.

with that 84 engine you should *hopefully* have a good or at least decent 4 counterweight crank that you can have machined to work, as well as some short rods for the 4.0 off the shelf piston.
1980 AMC Spirit Restomod in Progress
SilverXJ wrote:Roller rockers won't help that mess you have created. Nor will God for that matter.