Re-Turbo Comanche

Project vehicle blogs or "mod diary" specific threads only.. Pics encouraged!!
turbojeeper
Making Progress
Making Progress
Vehicle Year: 1989
Vehicle Make: jeep
Vehicle Model: comanche

Re: Re-Turbo Comanche

Post by turbojeeper »

ITS ALIVE!!!!!!!!!!! come to find out the main ground for the ms basically sucked. so i redid it and now i have engine rotation from its own fuel and spark. little hiccups here and there, but it now runs. i would say i am happy but i am sure my wife is even more happy.
boosted Comanche on megasquirt, 8.90"s in the 1/8th. getting faster one step at a time!!
shawnxj
I love this board
I love this board
Vehicle Year: 1988
Vehicle Model: cherokee

Post by shawnxj »

grats man
turbojeeper
Making Progress
Making Progress

Post by turbojeeper »

Just an update. Been driving it around for a couple day. Working on the acceleration enrichment and cruising time. I'll be putting boost to it this weekend and tuning further
boosted Comanche on megasquirt, 8.90"s in the 1/8th. getting faster one step at a time!!
97grand

Post by 97grand »

Great project dude. I have rub a MS2 W/EXTRA code as a parallel install with stock ecm. MS is fun and educational. People waste a lot of time with high dollar standalone units and never learn why it works. Thinking about a turbo myself. What turbo did you originally have (specs)?
turbojeeper
Making Progress
Making Progress

Post by turbojeeper »

The 4.0 loves boost. Especially now that I can pull timing from the top end. The motor woke up bigtime. The turbo is an ebay special from gsp (godspeed). Its a t4. .60 a/r compressor .96 a/r hot side. Not sure on the wheel sizes. It has been going strong for almost 4 year without an air filter with no problems. Anymore questions hit me up.
turbojeeper
Making Progress
Making Progress

Post by turbojeeper »

just an update, got a good timing map finally. this thing is haulin-balls when you put the right foot down. but the bad part is i think my clutch is starting to go. its been thrashed on for 5 years now. i am contemplating turning the boost up more. i know turbotoms car blew a hole through a piston at 12 psi. and i am currently running 10-11 psi , but i just have that itch to do it. oh and i met a guy about an hour south of me that is going to give me 2 or 3 good 4.0's and a set of 3.73 gears for FREE!!!!!
CobraMarty
BANNED
BANNED
Vehicle Year: 1998
Vehicle Make: Jeep
Vehicle Model: Cherokee

Post by CobraMarty »

I popped a head gasket at 12.5 pounds on 160k engine all original head gasket and bolts.
1998 XJ 2D AW4 32"MTR 3.55 4.5"RC JCR Slider Magnaflow 150rwHP/174rwTQ=> Sprintex SC Gibson Header 6lb 120-140*IAT 211rwHP/274rwTQ WasherFluid Inj 70mmTB 7.5lb 100-120*IAT=>Now 12 pounds Boost=> +BV ported head
99 XJ M62 S/C
turbojeeper
Making Progress
Making Progress

Post by turbojeeper »

Lol and mine is at 305k. So ill probably leave it where its at till the motor build
turbojeeper
Making Progress
Making Progress

Post by turbojeeper »

Picked up an early 90's shortblock foroFREE!!!. let the build finally begin.

I also am working on new bumpers

beiwulf
Donator
Donator
Stroker Displacement: 4.7Turbo soonish
Vehicle Year: 1995
Vehicle Make: ZJ
Vehicle Model: Laredo

Post by beiwulf »

Hello there, have fun with the new build. Something i came across regarding running boost/force induction or nitrous was a recommendation for at least 0.200 piston head depth for the added heat dissipation. I know 505 Performance is running a 0.300 head depth on my build. Good luck and keep us updated on your build please.
95 Silver ZJ 4x4 4.0L (soon to be stroked/boosted) currently DD
1999 Victory V92 (first year production) street bike/cruiser

95 ZJ Turbo Boosted Stroker build threadhttp://www.jeepstrokers.com/forum/viewt ... f=8&t=4342
turbojeeper
Making Progress
Making Progress

Post by turbojeeper »

Got the engine tore down. Other than the rust in the cylinders which will be gone when its bored. And the bearinh were nice smooth and shiny with very little wear.