Storker questions

Newbies, and basic Stroker Recipes... Get started with your first stroker here!!
jeep_naked
Stroker Displacement: 4.8L

Storker questions

Post by jeep_naked »

Forgive me now if I missed this when searching thru the forum.
I have a 97 ZJ and in the process of building a 4.7 stroker on a budget, my question is will the Stock ZJ ECU work with this storker or will I need the "Unichip" or will I need something similar to get me running smooth? Also what would you recommend for fuel injectors and do I really need the 68mm throttle body and header or are they just for more power? I plan on getting them in the future but don't want to buy them now unless I need to.

89' 4.2 Crank (3235477) and rods out of the engine as well
90 4.0 Block
and of course a 4.7 Stroker kit

Thanks for all your help and this forum rocks...
seanyb505
Donator
Donator
Stroker Displacement: 280ci
Vehicle Year: 1997
Vehicle Make: Jeep
Vehicle Model: Cherokee

Re: Storker questions

Post by seanyb505 »

My 97 works great so far with the stock ecu, 24lb/hr injectors and a stock throttle body. What is included in the stroker kit that isnt crank and rods that you already have?
Now I can be like all those other awesome people with more than one Jeep in their sig, but now I have to say one of them is sold:(
97 XJ 4.6
90 MJ 4.0 - sold

I want to have as many Jeeps as children. DD, offroader, drag MJ and another one. 4=4
jeep_naked
Stroker Displacement: 4.8L

Re: Storker questions

Post by jeep_naked »

Cool, thanks for the reply, its about time something is going my way. The kit came with gaskets seals and bearings, timing chain, oil pump, lifters and the cam shaft ( I think it was the crane 753905, but might have been talked into a different one by Titan after telling them what my goal was for the motor). From what it looks like the kit was everything needed minus the crank and connecting rods. Am I missing anything I don't want to get half way through the build-up, did I mention this is the first time I've built an engine?, and find out there is something else that I need.